• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1’s

Let's hear it from @Mike_in_London what's work best....
oh no doubt your recommendation is the best for getting them on and keeping them from cracking!

Please don’t mistake me trying to have a competition with you. you do you, I am just curious to what the logic is behind why putting oil on slip resistant parts makes sense? its almost like telling to put some vaseline on the soles of your sneakers so you can slide out the house faster, when they are actually designed for traction.

so, i’m not an expert with vaseline but from what i understand it’s oil based right? And I personally consider Oakley rubbers “spent” or “done” when they become sticky. I thought the design for the rubbers was to actually still have grip even when they get oily, and you just wash them out, rinse, repeat.

two things reasons why I personally wouldnt reccomend anything oil based on the rubbers: it shortens their purpose by putting oils in that need be removed for proper function, and two, mostly in the case for TI and plasma frames, they would promote the finish & the rubbers getting gunky and sticky.

Anyways, I am not a scientist but @Nucchem actually is lol and maybe he can chime in.

My recommendation for lubricant is eyeglass cleaner- 1 sprits in the rubber, let excess drip on the stem, spray the stem too, use a towel to grip the rubber and work it on. use the clean towel and excess cleaner to clean the lenses and frame you just man-handled.
This. 👆
I think I've changed 3 or 4 hundred sets and this is the way.

Can we have just one thread about rubbers that doesn't end like this...

condom-gross.gif