• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby Vr50 photochromic

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
Hi O fam, i really like the look of ruby vr50 photochromic, want to buy one in the jawbone, but the seller has infrared frame instead of echelon frame. So, my question is how will the combo look? I never had jawbone in my collection, so it will be my first pair in my collection. If any jawbone/new racing jacket collectors here (there are many i know) please share some info about the frame, and also the lens( if you have). Thank you.

I’ve been watching the same pair too! Been tempted as well!

I’ve got Ruby VR50 Radarlock lens in a light blue frame. Looks great!
How the Photochromic works in these lenses? Is it vr50 when deactivated and when activated it turns to ruby?

To me it’s similar to Ruby Clear.
It’s a low light lens. Some would say it’s completely impractical.

I love it just for its weirdness
Just watched your thread of ruby clear...the lens looks fantastic..is ruby vr50 similar to ruby clear? I think ruby vr50 looks like ruby clear when deactivated when exposed to UV light it turns to dark ruby colour just like the pic I attached below.
images - 2019-03-24T103712.559.jpeg

Yeah - although I can’t say mine ever turned that dark red. Of course all the Iridium coating seems to vary a bit.

I’ve got two lenses and one is a bit more orange than the other.

Latest Posts

Back