• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rumor: New X-Metal

Will you acquire the new release if it exists?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My e wire is my go to pair these days unless surfing.. To be honest modern unobtanium is nowhere near as good as the first stuff that came out. It's virtually completely different. My original pair of e wire has the original unobtanium ear stems and its so sticky and soft that you really don't need anything else. My new pair of Radar (made in China) has unobtanium all round but has almost no lovely spongy softness and is about as sticky as a magnet in reverse polarity :)

The original micro bag with my wires is a totally different beast too! It's got an almost magical feel about it, as did all bags 20 years ago.

I just hope they dont make them in china, or with an inferior material, (or both) and then try to sell them for what the origingals were selling for. Thats just corporate greed if that happens. I can deffinatly see no coin with the purchase of the new xmetals.

I've heard from a few sources now that a new piece is coming with some kind of rusted or corroded treatment, which is then sealed or clear coated. Not sure if its part of an x-metal replacement or part of another line, but one source also said it would be a limited release

I've heard from a few sources now that a new piece is coming with some kind of rusted or corroded treatment, which is then sealed or clear coated. Not sure if its part of an x-metal replacement or part of another line, but one source also said it would be a limited release

You might want to check out the Fallout Collection ... theres a new rust finish on O matter frames ...

They are doing some decent things with the Heritage pairs, like the sticker and the pin, so they may revive the coin for the next Metals.

there will not be anymore xmetals released. that collection is done. there will be a new carbon fiber style called the carbon blade that is supposed to capture that market. as far as the corrosion frame it will be part of the new fallout collection set to release in april!!! from what i hear the fuel cells are wicked looking!!!!! i cant freaking wait for these to drop :) :) :)

Frogs and fuelies in the best looking prospective design in a long time (Fallout)? Its too good to be true haha Oakley must have a feed into my personal request files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back