• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

1656436617491.png

Finally got to finish the series last night, and, to be completely honest, I loved every minute of it! The fight scenes were phenomenal! Did not disappoint at all. Obi-Wan finally got to show Vader why he's a master and Vader is not! It definitely made up for the first encounters anticlimactic battle. Awesome ending to an awesome series! I desperately hope for a part 2!

Just my two cents......
My prediction is it will pick up the story line in a mini about Leah. I hope there is more cutting in half and burned bodies. They were entirely to nice to each other for not actually destroying any of their enemies. I always love the look of Vader staring out into space seething with desire to kill right after he walked away from the chance to actually kill someone.

Not sure if anyone else here saw, but the original screenwriter for the Kenobi project did an interview outlining some interesting things about the Disney+ series.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Movie Trilogy Was Planned Before Disney+ (Exclusive)

'Obi-Wan Kenobi' Killed Off Reva In Original Script (Exclusive)

He was credited in the 1st, 2nd, and 6th episodes. Apparently, the original plan was for this to be a 3 movie trilogy with Obi-Wan. Plans were set, and then Disney and Lucasfilm shut down the movie project after seeing Solo not earning enough in the box office, which to me I don’t know how you can compare the two projects. I for one thought solo was a great a movie. And I think it’s unfair, and kind of shortsighted on their part to stop theatrical releases because of one spin off movie not succeeding.

What we got in the series was basically the plot of the first movie, episodes 4 and 5 weren’t in the original script and were added by Chow and her writing staff. The second film looks like it would have focused on developing Obi-Wan Kenobi into Ben Kenobi. It also looks like we would see him training with Qui-Gon and basically having the foresight and acceptance that he would have to sacrifice himself one day to save Luke, which I think would have been awesome to see.

Another major difference would have been that the third sister Reva would have died at the end of the first movie. Originally not knowing Vader was Anakin Skywalker, she would have saw the Jedi council as her main enemy for failing to protect her and her fellow younglings. But Kenobi would enlightened her that Vader was Anakin and she would save Kenobi from Vader’s pursuit. Telling Vader that she killed Kenobi, Vader would have killed her. In my opinion that would have been a better fit for the character.

I recommend the articles, both great reads!

Not sure if anyone else here saw, but the original screenwriter for the Kenobi project did an interview outlining some interesting things about the Disney+ series.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Movie Trilogy Was Planned Before Disney+ (Exclusive)

'Obi-Wan Kenobi' Killed Off Reva In Original Script (Exclusive)

He was credited in the 1st, 2nd, and 6th episodes. Apparently, the original plan was for this to be a 3 movie trilogy with Obi-Wan. Plans were set, and then Disney and Lucasfilm shut down the movie project after seeing Solo not earning enough in the box office, which to me I don’t know how you can compare the two projects. I for one thought solo was a great a movie. And I think it’s unfair, and kind of shortsighted on their part to stop theatrical releases because of one spin off movie not succeeding.

What we got in the series was basically the plot of the first movie, episodes 4 and 5 weren’t in the original script and were added by Chow and her writing staff. The second film looks like it would have focused on developing Obi-Wan Kenobi into Ben Kenobi. It also looks like we would see him training with Qui-Gon and basically having the foresight and acceptance that he would have to sacrifice himself one day to save Luke, which I think would have been awesome to see.

Another major difference would have been that the third sister Reva would have died at the end of the first movie. Originally not knowing Vader was Anakin Skywalker, she would have saw the Jedi council as her main enemy for failing to protect her and her fellow younglings. But Kenobi would enlightened her that Vader was Anakin and she would save Kenobi from Vader’s pursuit. Telling Vader that she killed Kenobi, Vader would have killed her. In my opinion that would have been a better fit for the character.

I recommend the articles, both great reads!
I agree about Solo. I really enjoyed it. There were a few issues, but overall I thought it was really good deserved a sequel. I think its failure had more to do with its release timing right after the horrible Last Jedi prequel. Everyone was sick of Star Wars at that point and had little faith in Disney. Also, all the wasted money spent on reshoots because the previous director left. Just unfortunate circumstances all around for Solo. Its too bad, because Han is my second favorite character after Vader.

I agree about Solo. I really enjoyed it. There were a few issues, but overall I thought it was really good deserved a sequel. I think its failure had more to do with its release timing right after the horrible Last Jedi prequel. Everyone was sick of Star Wars at that point and had little faith in Disney. Also, all the wasted money spent on reshoots because the previous director left. Just unfortunate circumstances all around for Solo. Its too bad, because Han is my second favorite character after Vader.
Agreed brother, I would have really liked it if they made another Solo movie. Supposedly there's a Lando series in the works but even if it's made there's a chance that Solo wouldn't even show up in it depending on when it takes place. But yea I think the Last Jedi left a bad taste in a large portion of the fanbase's mouth, while I didn't necessarily care for the movie that much I wasn't going to let that stop me from going to see Solo.

Back