• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

UK Oakley rare models?

Whynot

Oakley Beginner
Hi does anyone know anywhere in the UK that sells older rare Oakley sunglasses rather than the latest ones in Oakley shops?

America has their own official second-hand store for anything Oakley called Oakley Vault, where you can find rare items.

I'm not so well versed with UK in particular though a suggestion would be thrifting, checking Facebook Marketplace locally or searching for second-hand sunglass stores.

They're not necessarily rare, but I visited a curated pop-up second-hand sunglass shop in Copenhagen and they sold Eye Jackets, Monster Dogs/Monster Pups and many more. Emphasis on the curated part, as second-hand stores that specifically and thoughtfully select whichever items to sell will commonly have a greater selection of Oakley glasses, as those sell very well currently.

America has their own official second-hand store for anything Oakley called Oakley Vault, where you can find rare items.

I'm not so well versed with UK in particular though a suggestion would be thrifting, checking Facebook Marketplace locally or searching for second-hand sunglass stores.

They're not necessarily rare, but I visited a curated pop-up second-hand sunglass shop in Copenhagen and they sold Eye Jackets, Monster Dogs/Monster Pups and many more. Emphasis on the curated part, as second-hand stores that specifically and thoughtfully select whichever items to sell will commonly have a greater selection of Oakley glasses, as those sell very well currently.
Don’t suppose you’ve a link for Oakley Vault please?

From what I've seen Oakley Vault is a store you see at an outlet-mall. Most of the stores in an outlet mall are "brand name" but are not the same quality and the products are specifically made for the outlet. Most brands (Gap, JCrew, Polo, Nike, etc.) will have specific markings on their tags to identify them as outlet skus. They get customers that want the name brand and think they are getting an amazing deal since outlet malls typically always have too good to be true sales. At one point I believe the outlet malls actually carried overstocks and returned merchandise, but from what I've seen those days are long gone.
The Vault store near me does carry the latest Oakley glasses, but I can't speak to the apparel/bags/accessories since I am not as in tune with those. When I went last week they were having a buy one get one half off sale on *most glasses. They also typically have a clearance case with models/colors that are no longer carried (these aren't really old or rare models, I'll take a photo next time I'm there).
Maybe some other stores are different, I just wanted to assure those outside of the US that they aren't missing out on some treasure trove of vintage Oakleys. Also, this is not a second-hand store by any means. I'm not sure if that term is used differently in Denmark but in the US a second-hand store (thrift store) is where people donate gently used clothing and it is sold for very reasonable prices.

From what I've seen Oakley Vault is a store you see at an outlet-mall. Most of the stores in an outlet mall are "brand name" but are not the same quality and the products are specifically made for the outlet. Most brands (Gap, JCrew, Polo, Nike, etc.) will have specific markings on their tags to identify them as outlet skus. They get customers that want the name brand and think they are getting an amazing deal since outlet malls typically always have too good to be true sales. At one point I believe the outlet malls actually carried overstocks and returned merchandise, but from what I've seen those days are long gone.
The Vault store near me does carry the latest Oakley glasses, but I can't speak to the apparel/bags/accessories since I am not as in tune with those. When I went last week they were having a buy one get one half off sale on *most glasses. They also typically have a clearance case with models/colors that are no longer carried (these aren't really old or rare models, I'll take a photo next time I'm there).
Maybe some other stores are different, I just wanted to assure those outside of the US that they aren't missing out on some treasure trove of vintage Oakleys. Also, this is not a second-hand store by any means. I'm not sure if that term is used differently in Denmark but in the US a second-hand store (thrift store) is where people donate gently used clothing and it is sold for very reasonable prices.
Thanks look forward to the photo,still great to see what’s available 👍

Try the Oakley Vault at Cheshire Oaks , Ellesmere Port . I was up there yesterday . Had a few bits in . It was buy one pair get 50% off the second pair over the Bank Holiday weekend . Not sure if the offer still on . Had some MUZM Sub Zero in ( steel , sapphire Lens ) Ti Frogs , MotoGP frogs . A shed load of Radarlocks ( low Bridge / Asian fit ) versions . Plenty of other discontinued models ( I think some Green fade models ) Lots of clothing , Foot wear , Bags , Goggles . Microbags for £4.50 . MSK3 for £37 .

Try the Oakley Vault at Cheshire Oaks , Ellesmere Port . I was up there yesterday . Had a few bits in . It was buy one pair get 50% off the second pair over the Bank Holiday weekend . Not sure if the offer still on . Had some MUZM Sub Zero in ( steel , sapphire Lens ) Ti Frogs , MotoGP frogs . A shed load of Radarlocks ( low Bridge / Asian fit ) versions . Plenty of other discontinued models ( I think some Green fade models ) Lots of clothing , Foot wear , Bags , Goggles . Microbags for £4.50 . MSK3 for £37 .
Appreciated 👍

Back