• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

UK X-metal servicing. Cerakoting. Custom cut lenses. Stripped screw heads. UK

Just want to say a massive thank you to @NuttyOAK13Y for fixing my x metals! (they had a super wobbly nose bridge) They are back to how they were 20 years ago! :) top bloke and a great service!

fullsizeoutput_5c7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5c8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5c9.jpeg

My pics aren't as good as Mike's but had to show them with the lenses in!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mike, the glasses are looking great, can you confirm you got the payment through, I did it this afternoon, but your DM makes me think it hasnt gone through

Mike,

I have a pair of much loved 24K XX's that need new pins & couplers, and whilst I've gotten 1 pin out, the other is stubborn and I've now scratched the nose piece. So as a result could you confirm cost for your Nose Bridge Repair service, and is there a way to get the gold coating scratches removed from the nosepiece?

Let me know if do-able and cost, etc

Cheers

Dan

Mike,

I have a pair of much loved 24K XX's that need new pins & couplers, and whilst I've gotten 1 pin out, the other is stubborn and I've now scratched the nose piece. So as a result could you confirm cost for your Nose Bridge Repair service, and is there a way to get the gold coating scratches removed from the nosepiece?

Let me know if do-able and cost, etc

Cheers

Dan
Hi Dan

Yes I can retune the XX for you but I would have to send the bridge away to be touched up. May take a while. It would only be a couple of days to get them back to you without the paint needed for the scratch.

This is why nobody should attempt a DIY job on a pair as it usually ends with disaster. I have had many pairs that people have tried to do themselves and they have ruined them. Better that someone who is used to retuning and has done hundreds.

The XX 24k is the worst pair to try a DIY job because of the gold paint. A plasma doesn't look that bad with minor marks and a polished frame I can buff out the marks.

Have a think and if you want to go ahead let me know.

Best regards

Mike

thanks Mike for the kind reply. Just wish I'd found this forum earlier before I tried a DIY! Any idea of cost for the touch-up on the bridge over and above your repair cost? Ballpark is fine if not a common request.....

For timeframes, will have to get them done regardless, just waiting on a job interview outcome to know my finances! :eek:

Cheers again

Dan

No problem Dan.

I can try and find out how long it will take for the scratch to be done. It is as near as you can get paint wise to the original paint. I have had touch ups on XX 24k's and it is a very decent job. Probably £15-£20 I reckon.

I will try and see when they can get done and get back toy you. My turnaround is very quick but, because of needing paint, could be 2-3 weeks Dan.

Mike

Latest Posts

Back