• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘What does it look like where you are right now? Post your pic here!

Texas is the fastest state in the United States

We have a highway here with a posted limit of 85mph 😆😆😆

Flying down the highway @ 100mph is common practice here, with our beautiful, open roads...

Cops won't mess with you, unless you're in a residential area, then we can all agree that your douchary deserves a ticket...

When I lived in SoCal, everyone drove so damn slow...

View attachment 672606
View attachment 672607

And that folks is one of the reasons TX has some of the highest car insurance rates in the nation.

And that folks is one of the reasons TX has some of the highest car insurance rates in the nation.
Not really

Texas is 10th on the list and it has more people in it than 4 or 5 of those states COMBINED...

Also, compare our gas prices and housing prices and you'll see why Texas is the best state...

it's ok to admit it...

E7EB2C11-BCFA-4D4E-8BE7-C4CBF092AE5C.jpeg

Not really

Texas is 10th on the list and it has more people in it than 4 or 5 of those states COMBINED...

Also, compare our gas prices and housing prices and you'll see why Texas is the best state...

it's ok to admit it...

View attachment 672663

As much as you love to be right.... You're not.

Lets look at facts. Auto insurance is a shared risk between you and everyone else with that company. The overall risk is the amount of claims paid out divided by the numbers or members in the risk pool.
It doesnt matter if Texas has 4-5 times as many people because there will be 4-5 times more people is said pool.

5.5 million in claims spread over 500,000 people is still a greater risk than 25 million in claims spread over 2,500,000 people.

How was the data collected in your chart? Do we know? Are we comparing the same family, with the same cars and driving habits moving from one state to another and capturing rates? I doubt it. I bet they are just looking at average premium totals. So if the average family has one more driver, one more car or more expensive cars overall per policy in a certain state... it's all for not.

I have been in the insurance business for a few years now and am licensed in every state but one.

My data comes from moving people in and out of Texas and other states all the time. Taking the same risk and simply moving it to another location. Hardly anyone sees a lower rate moving into Texas, it is almost always higher.

Of the top 10 listed about half of it is correct when comparing identical risks. MI, FL, TX, GA, NY and CO are probably correct. The rest are not. One of the highest rated areas in the nation is Glendale, AZ, but yet they arent top 14 according to this list due to the rest of the state being less risky.

Even if we go off of this chart as being correct, which it is not in my opinion, TX is still in the top 20%.

So, we can drive super fast, have huge inexpensive houses, cheap gas and Texas' economy never goes into recession...

I'll gladly be in the top 10 or top 20% for stupid car insurance lolololol

We're literally talking about $1500-2000 a year 🙄

So, we can drive super fast, have huge inexpensive houses, cheap gas and Texas' economy never goes into recession...

I'll gladly be in the top 10 or top 20% for stupid car insurance lolololol

We're literally talking about $1500-2000 a year 🙄
More power to you, man

Latest Posts

Back