• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What made you like Oakley?

To memory, I think the first encounter with Oakleys, would have to be in the mid eighties , a school mate brought a pair of Frogs in (think they were Black with BI....maybe Violet), don't remeber much about them. They were just sunglasses after all.......Later in the mid nineties, a friend from the pub, Jess, walked in wearing what I think were Yellow Eye-Jackets(for some bizzare reason I have this memory of them being in banana yellow, probably mistaken the Electic Mustard......those were hazy days).,
Then my first purchase in 2000, was a pair of Carbon Fibre look with Black Iridium, from the Sydney Harbour O Store, Oz, the rest, I've already revealed.

Electric Mustard......those were hazy days).
Could have been Foothills Ranch...a lot of that was going around.
:crazy:

Back in the day, I rode in RayBan Outdoorsmen with cable temples (early "retention system").
Then, the M Frame blew me away.
Lighter, more protective, a cinch to clean, BOMBPROOF, stylin' ,hell, the PROS use 'em... and rebuildable with accessory lenses for differing functions!!
It, and it's offspring are still, eons later, the standard for Sport frames.

gatorz-2.jpg

Back