• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Makes a Model a Safehouse Exclusive?

narplife

Oakley Collector
/b/
I originally thought the Safehouse exclusives were just matte finishes of Oakley Custom Program Team colors, but I've found this photo where that disproves that theory. Also I see some colors that I don't recall being Team colors, for instance the Tiffany Blue & Pea-Yellow. I guess I should be asking, if someone can school me on when the whole "Safehouse" series started... An what sets them apart from a standard pair or OCP model?

Does someone happen to have a list of what colors are shown here, or what color-ways are deemed as safe house exclusives?

Also I saw a video from Vancouver Olympics where they did tour of the Safehouse and built a Jawbone, but it wasn't a vibrant pastel color-way like the photo shows. I've actually only seen Safehouse Exclusive which were some type of Radar (were other model series offered?), which has me wondering if that pair in the video were simply a OCP built it yourself pair.

614803_10150996990650922_1398406896_o.jpg

None of the colors in the pic above were ever offered for retail.
As far as what makes it a Safehouse one, basically they were limited and given (not sold) to athletes as custom pairs inside the Oakley "Safehouse" VIP area in the Olympics (and other events). Hence the name.

Typically the most common Safehouse ones were Radars and Radarlocks (but Jawbones were also available at one time) and athletes could get them built with any combo they wanted. Think of OCP but in non-retail colors.

Also most of the Safehouse Radar and Radarlocks came with straight stems. Another peculiarity was that the lenses (specifically the ones for the Olympics) did not have Oakley etching to comply with Olympics branding rules. In addition some lens tints not usually available retail were made available there. Example: the Radarlock Ruby VR50 pitch photochromic lenses...some of the most beautiful.

Hope that helps. I have a ton of these and they are very cool.

Browsing Rcga32 collection should give you idea of some of the color's names

Some more Safehouse examples in tigbball5's collection.

Browsing Rcga32 collection should give you idea of some of the color's names

Some more Safehouse examples in tigbball5's collection.

I need to update that thread... A bunch of my frames are missing there

Typically the most common Safehouse ones were Radars and Radarlocks (but Jawbones were also available at one time) and athletes could get them built with any combo they wanted. Think of OCP but in non-retail colors.

Were Racing Jackets ever an option?... I have some RJ's I've wondered about being either Athlete or Safehouse exclusives - as they're a bright green frames but matte finish with fog grey accents. Basically a reverse of the Grey Safehouse Jawbones tiggball5 had.

A friend of mine had a Safehouse Radarlock. He picked it up off a skater who was friends with some who went to the Vancouver Olympics. It was a light green aqua color with yellow icons and socks and a HI yellow lens.

Its kind of funny how the athletes don't really know or care about the rarity of them. I think he picked it up for $50 or something like that if really nice shape.

I'll get some pictures if I think about it next time I see him.

Were Racing Jackets ever an option?... I have some RJ's I've wondered about being either Athlete or Safehouse exclusives - as they're a bright green frames but matte finish with fog grey accents. Basically a reverse of the Grey Safehouse Jawbones tiggball5 had.

Not sure. I know they were available when they were Jawbones but not sure if they were also after they changed to being Racing Jackets.

Back