• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why/How did YOU get addicted to Oakley?

1989 wintertime. A local Morman who knocked on my door earlier that year noticed I had a Kemper snowboard in my front entry. He asked about our local scene and said if I didn't mind he would love to hitch a ride and would pay for fuel.
I being the smart ass I was thought hell yeah i willl show this guy what snowboarding is.
Later that weekend he explained how he was a sponsored rider for Oakley and Burton at that time lol I was the one shown how to ride.
He said no snowboarder was complete with out a pair of Oakleys. Crystal clear / purple iridium frog skins I've worn Oakleys ever since.
He was from Salt Lake Utah. Elder Larson and elder Hess. Great guys and started an Oakley monster in me.

My story actually explaining more about myself, growing up I always love the Juliet and Penny but could never afford it. Which lead me to never wear sunglasses throughout my whole life. Now moving forward when I first move to Thailand of 2013, I tend to participate to my wife (GF the time) activity from Paramotor and Paragliding. which involved staying within the dreaded sun, the wife would always complain why I don't wear sunglasses and my explanation is... I have chinky eyes babe, which are made to withstand part of the Ray.

Therefore she never brought the excuse and decided to ask what's my favorite Brand and I replied "X Metal" and Wife wasn't able to find them (my whole plan all along). But she manage to stumble to this forum and secretly brought my first pair of X squared XM/ruby.

View attachment 379200

Anyways my wife blame herself for my addiction and I have to agree. But at the same time bless to have O Bros around the world.

Thanks @YakuzaFloralGangsta for the Tag and I should nominate

@zwc0442 and @SFFrog oh I hope you can share your story and add the custom part as a bonus too. :D

@mercbezerk yours too brother, if you don't mind.

That might be the most awesome wife ever. Dont lose that one bro.

Addicted??? Hmmmmm..........Q has more pairs than me :D:p. Started on a mars then juliet. Love the xmetal designs i was hooked since i got my first one.
I stopped collecting for awhile (have 13 xmetals) i wanted my juliet fixed when i stumbled on this forum 2013 I believe the rest is history.

Mine is pretty simple. When i was 7 i saw my first oakley at the mall and i could never get them off my head. Everytime my mom brought me to the mall i always stared at that one oakley that stood out from the rest. Fast forward to 20 years later i found that Oakley that always got my attention when i was a kid IN A GARAGE SALE at a decent price! So i immediately bought them. Happiest day of my life 😢

X-Men movie back when I was in highschool. Saw the Juliet and was hooked. Spent all I had on getting it, but eventually had to let it go. Poor student, needed funds to support myself. Gone through different pairs of Oakleys throughout the years, but the Juliet had been my fave. Fast forward to today and was able to reacquire a similar Juliet. Very happy now.

Seriously though, it started when I saw a Carbon/BI Juliet in the mall’s sunglass hut as a teen. Wanted them so bad, but $5 an hour at Sears wasn’t gonna cut it. Got a Black/BIP valve a couple years later, still have ‘em. I can’t recall if they were a present or I bought them myself. Once I had a real job, I bought a pair of Carbon Ducati Juliets. Lost them a short while later. Then bought and lost another. Sold the boxes on eBay. Then I bought some Polished Black/BIP NSJ 2’s and had those a couple of years until I lost them as well. I then took a break from buying strangers Oakley’s lol.

I saw the PB1 when they came out and the desire hit me hard, but I couldn’t swing 6 bills. Fast forward to Xmas 2014 and the gf buys me a pair of Matte Black PB2 at Macy’s in Herald Square. Rocked the hell out of those until I broke them in 2020. Bought a pair of Matte Black/Gray NSJ 2’s and some extra lenses and rubbers from Oakley, since I figured I would never be able to replace the Pit Bosses. Found the forum while trying to figure out how to fix the PB2, and my wallet was assassinated!

The End

Back