• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

24k XX 1st Generation.

I think 🤔 spoke too soon. Didn’t see the green all over them when I posted.

You’re right though, would be nice to see the color box to accompany this!!
gif_20200525_200351.gif

Have you tried using double orbital gaskets?

I have not but I don’t even think that will work. The gap is large the screw won’t get there. The OEM ones I have that came with the set have heavy delamination on one of the lenses. I ordered some custom cuts but they are to big and if I Remember correctly a washer won’t bridge the gap. Instead of getting them trimmed to fit, I have decide to try and get some OEMs since the color has changed quite significantly since later releases. Ideally I find a set from the white box, which I barely I missed out on when they poped up a few weeks ago.

I have not but I don’t even think that will work. The gap is large the screw won’t get there. The OEM ones I have that came with the set have heavy delamination on one of the lenses. I ordered some custom cuts but they are to big and if I Remember correctly a washer won’t bridge the gap. Instead of getting them trimmed to fit, I have decide to try and get some OEMs since the color has changed quite significantly since later releases. Ideally I find a set from the white box, which I barely I missed out on when they poped up a few weeks ago.
The left lense?

I think it was the right that was extra small. Custom cut is in the left orbital in this picture which I was able to close. View attachment 742061
That's an old frame, I like it.

That's crazy the on the orbital size. My first gen x metal and tio2 the left is slightly smaller and tight fitting. I was able to get a good fit with double gaskets, but on my xmetal the lense delaminated I think due to over tightening.

That's an old frame, I like it.

That's crazy the on the orbital size. My first gen x metal and tio2 the left is slightly smaller and tight fitting. I was able to get a good fit with double gaskets, but on my xmetal the lense delaminated I think due to over tightening.
I’m not the original owner for mine but I think the lenses delamination in my case was caused from wear and poor maintenance. They definitely were worn a lot.

An early frame in deed the serial is XG005048

i also had an XM gen 1 to. I want to say serial was in 1k. Those orbitals were also dam small. I don’t remember which one but I did send those in to get the lenses to fit and Chris even made the comment they were extra small. Unfortunately I sold that pair

D578FC65-7B3F-4C72-BFB3-E971095FC17B.jpeg

I’m not the original owner for mine but I think the lenses delamination in my case was caused from wear and poor maintenance. They definitely were worn a lot.

An early frame in deed the serial is XG005048

i also had an XM gen 1 to. I want to say serial was in 1k. Those orbitals were also dam small. I don’t remember which one but I did send those in to get the lenses to fit and Chris even made the comment they were extra small. Unfortunately I sold that pair

View attachment 742210
Nice! Even the matching box!

Latest Posts

Back