• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3 Pairs of X-Metals Lost or Stolen - Please be on the Lookout!

Definitely does suck big time. I have received hundreds of packages from people and have never had a porch pirate. Not saying it can't happen but unlikely. Kinda weird they signed it for me...

Oh, mate.

That’s a kick in the conkers.

Please tell me there is some sort of insurance with the USPS service you used.

These Oakleys are precious to us, I lost a pristine Hatchet a few years back to a delivery address issue.

Could only claim half the cost back as I was tight and didn’t pay the extra couple of quid to upgrade to full insurance.

Expensive and annoying lesson to learn.

Definitely does suck big time. I have received hundreds of packages from people and have never had a porch pirate. Not saying it can't happen but unlikely. Kinda weird they signed it for me...

We're not even sure a package was left at your house. Just because the package was scanned near your house, doesn't mean it was left on the porch. It could be anywhere at this point.

I hope no one reads this thread and comes out of it thinking it's unsafe to ship anything to Nick! We've sent numerous packages back and forth, with no issues. "Chet" has improved the majority of my X-Metal collection. Please don't hesitate sending him your glasses for custom work.

Oh, mate.

That’s a kick in the conkers.

Please tell me there is some sort of insurance with the USPS service you used.

These Oakleys are precious to us, I lost a pristine Hatchet a few years back to a delivery address issue.

Could only claim half the cost back as I was tight and didn’t pay the extra couple of quid to upgrade to full insurance.

Expensive and annoying lesson to learn.

Yes it is insured, but the USPS says I have to wait 15 days past the "Delivered" date to file a claim. I know that is bull$hit, but if I file a claim earlier than that, it will simply be denied.

Even if I eventually get reimbursed, I don't think I'll be able to re-purchase equivalent glasses for similar prices. The X-Metal prices are just going crazy.

That sucks man, I’ve been slipping as of late and not putting signature confirmation on my packages because it’s kind of a pain in the a$$ for everyone if you miss it you have to drive to where ever and stand in line ect ect. But I think I’m going to go back to signature confirmation. I’ll keep my eyes peeled and we have some really good Magnium PI guys on here if they’re out there we will sniff them out.

Edit: he had no ring doorbell cam or anything like that?

Insurance would also be helpful to pair with a front door camera. Mine has saved my ass numerous times.
I’m my experience USPS won’t pay out I don’t know about UPS or FedEx though. But also I found if you use the money overnight things instead of paying for a bunch of insurance they most likely won’t honor then your package skips
a large chunk of the process and get put right on a plane ✈️ because if they don’t get it there in time you get your money back. I’ve had guys/girls roll up in dodge challengers and other cars in street cloths to deliver and over night package so they don’t lost the shipping cost money back when there might be a 5 thousand dollar watch in that box

We're not even sure a package was left at your house. Just because the package was scanned near your house, doesn't mean it was left on the porch. It could be anywhere at this point.

I hope no one reads this thread and comes out of it thinking it's unsafe to ship anything to Nick! We've sent numerous packages back and forth, with no issues. "Chet" has improved the majority of my X-Metal collection. Please don't hesitate sending him your glasses for custom work.

Yes it is insured, but the USPS says I have to wait 15 days past the "Delivered" date to file a claim. I know that is bull$hit, but if I file a claim earlier than that, it will simply be denied.

Even if I eventually get reimbursed, I don't think I'll be able to re-purchase equivalent glasses for similar prices. The X-Metal prices are just going crazy.

I send all the pairs I don’t want anymore to @Chet Manley. He makes them disappear