• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3 Pairs of X-Metals Lost or Stolen - Please be on the Lookout!

So the EXACT same thing happened last week to a fellow respected member who purchased a XS from me. The carrier signed it COVID and then last I heard delivered it to the wrong address. After doing some intensive investigating of my own the carrier is indeed liable for the loss. Procedure says... They can sign COVID only when the package is placed into the recipients hands. I would get on the hotline to the manager of the postal depot where it was delivered from and raise cane. I got my info from a long time postal worker friend and in our case the station manager admitted the post office was liable since the carrier did not follow proper procedure. Good luck man! That SUCKS and I think I will be not only highlighting the line SIGNATURE but also writing in PLACE DIRECTLY INTO CUSTOMERS HANDS! NO COVID SIGNATURE! for now on since insurance is useless with the values of X Metals.

Did you ask @Chet Manley before involving him? This is why @THEGROUNDPOUNDER99 thinks it's in bad taste is my guess.

I did run it by him, and he said "whatever you need to do," but we didn't talk about what I'd say. I didn't think anyone would interpret this as anything negative about Nick, as this is obviously an issue with the USPS. I've also made it clear that I will be sending more glasses to him in the near future, so obviously I'm not scared to send him more packages... why should anyone else?

Ugh this happened with my FMJ watch .. I was monitoring shipping status all day and was home studying all day .. then got an alert showing shipping status changed and when I looked it up it showed delivered and signed for !!! And the mailman never came to my driveway … The package was registered Mail which is evidently the most secure way of sending packages through USPS..

i was freaking the fuark out .. went the next day to the local post office armed with video recording logs of my ring doorbell along with printed copies of shipping documents …. And the package was there waiting for me.. apparently the courier marked it signed so it would show in the system and delivered so it wouldn’t negatively affect his delivery performance metrics or what not …

long story short hopefully the package is in limbo somewhere in the system and will show up soon

Yup every time i have a delivery (important one) i made sure i stand on my mailbox all the day. These turds signs package themselves and yes i caught them red handed a lot of times. So when my mailman (which he knows me now) when there’s a delivery he would just hand me the package and he’ll tell me okay i will sign for them. This has been happening pre covid till now.

Yup every time i have a delivery (important one) i made sure i stand on my mailbox all the day. These turds signs package themselves and yes i caught them red handed a lot of times. So when my mailman (which he knows me now) when there’s a delivery he would just hand me the package and he’ll tell me okay i will sign for them. This has been happening pre covid till now.
It's okay for a letter carrier to sign for someone, if they are handing the package to the correct recipient. But to sign for them and leave it on an unattended porch completely defeats the purpose of "Insurance" and "Signature Required".

Funny thing covid is dumb with covid no courier is required to get a signature now days typically all you have to do is get the customer to the door and sign c-19 yourself but lots of couriers by pass getting customers to the door. Best next bet would be to check for similar address in said city which I checked nothing similar and no north or south to get mixed up from what I can see. I would be calling usps and requesting the couriers name. I’ve made mistakes before like turning down 5th Ave instead of fourth or being NE instead of SE but there’s no easy answer so a call to usps and if you can figure out the courier you may be able to find it. Honestly best to go in to local office. Most us couriers remember our daily routes well and would remember were it was left etc. Don’t give up! If it was FedEx I could track everything and get you info but not the case here sorry.

The only road I've ever known
...like a drifter goin down the only road you've ever known?
download.jpg