• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A/R Coating?

Those Dillon's look very interesting, especially if they're as goodoes as they claim
I love the fact that they are grease/oil safe. No worries about delaminating or anything else.

Didn't see lenses available on their site. How would one go about finding donor lenses?
If you have time today, I would recommend reading this thread from post #1 all the way until the end...

It's like reading all the episodes of Breaking Bad hahaha !!!

Good luck, sir :)

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/oakley-and-dillon-collaboration.59428/

Read your opening post and it seems you could tell how great they were immediately. I'm super jealous!

If you have time today, I would recommend reading this thread from post #1 all the way until the end...

It's like reading all the episodes of Breaking Bad hahaha !!!

Good luck, sir :)

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/oakley-and-dillon-collaboration.59428/

Just finished reading the whole thread. Good read. Those lenses are badass. Sucks you can't buy just the lenses from Dillon, though.

According to their website, these things have incredible clarity and they also carry the ANSI impact ratings, which is important to me for different reasons. Also love the no smudge effect from that oleophobic coating.

What's it like looking through these things? The matte black ones?

I think looking through them is similar to most high end grey polarized, like Maui Jim. What do you think Litos?
Never had a Maui Jim, so I can't say...

I think the clarity combined with the light transmission and the fact that there is no reflection makes it my favorite lens...and I have OEM Polar lenses and OEM Prizm lenses...

..I don't wear them as often as I should, but it's magical when I get to use them, especially outside in a real sunny day...

P.S.
Imagine having a lens that you never have to clean hahaha !!!

I'm kidding, but as a very particular person who wipes any spec of his lenses off, I rarely have to reach for my micro cloth to wipe the Dillon lenses :)

Never had a Maui Jim, so I can't say...

I think the clarity combined with the light transmission and the fact that there is no reflection makes it my favorite lens...and I have OEM Polar lenses and OEM Prizm lenses...

..I don't wear them as often as I should, but it's magical when I get to use them, especially outside in a real sunny day...

P.S.
Imagine having a lens that you never have to clean hahaha !!!

I'm kidding, but as a very particular person who wipes any spec of his lenses off, I rarely have to reach for my micro cloth to wipe the Dillon lenses :)

Do you know what the light transmission is on the Dillon's?

And trust me, I know what you mean about keeping the lenses clean. I'm the same way. Just watched a couple videos on YouTube and they look fantastic.

Just watched another video that claimed Dillon's polarization is poor quality. They did some comparison test where they were rotating the glasses 90° and they were blacking out, except for the Dillon lenses, which didn't completely turn dark. Not sure what that proves, as I'm not an expert like some here are.

If you're interested in seeing it, just search "Dillon Optics" on YouTube. It's like the third or fourth video down.

Back