• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

AFOL (Adult Fans Of LEGO), show us your LEGO collection/display

Were you guys rich? Lol. The biggest one I ever saved my money for was my LEGO hospital. I think it was $30 in 1991.
Lots of vacuuming and chores to get that one.

My buddy had a bunch of the Treefort sets. Can’t remember what the collection was called but always loved playing with all the green leaf pieces and tree trunk pieces!!!

I never thought we were rich. My dad bootstrapped himself from a mail clerk to VP over the years. But that wasn't till I was in college. Back in the 80s we lived modestly. But it helped I was the only child on my dad's side for my aunt and grandparents to buy for. I usually asked for 1-2 big ticket items and didn't want anything else. The monorail was Christmas morning 1987. Pirate ship was my birthday in '89 I think. And I can't recall when I got the good guy ship to go along with it. But I had this one too.

6274-1.jpg

Most of my old sets are from the 80s. The 90s they started doing the high end sets vs the everyday sets it seemed. I had a lot of the Technics sets from the 90s. This is one of the pirate ships, again I believe I still have the box.

View attachment 728094

And the cannons worked on this. Before they made them not work cause of eye poking concerns!

I still have this set, far from complete tho, but still have the box

I never thought we were rich. My dad bootstrapped himself from a mail clerk to VP over the years. But that wasn't till I was in college. Back in the 80s we lived modestly. But it helped I was the only child on my dad's side for my aunt and grandparents to buy for. I usually asked for 1-2 big ticket items and didn't want anything else. The monorail was Christmas morning 1987. Pirate ship was my birthday in '89 I think. And I can't recall when I got the good guy ship to go along with it. But I had this one too.

View attachment 728098
I have this one that goes along with yours

That’s awesome though. Those pirate ships are amazing!!!! The new ones that they came out with are crazy cool but $300 is steep for some toy action!!!!

62E338BD-B2BB-434C-A791-9A4C20C79493.jpeg

With the Stay Home order, it is a great time for the my kids (and me) to rebuild few sets that were previously built and taken apart for storage.

IMG_0960.JPG
IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0955.JPG

Also, taking the time to inventory some old sets making sure I have all the pieces for either building it later on or selling it.

Families are looking for things to do at home with their kids. I sold more brand new sets and used ones in the last week than the whole of last year.

With the Stay Home order, it is a great time for the my kids (and me) to rebuild few sets that were previously built and taken apart for storage.

View attachment 728148View attachment 728149View attachment 728150

Also, taking the time to inventory some old sets making sure I have all the pieces for either building it later on or selling it.

Families are looking for things to do at home with their kids. I sold more brand new sets and used ones in the last week than the whole of last year.
Same here actually... I (my kids and I) have plenty of sets all apart in bins.

Im slowly sorting parts by colour and setting certain types aside together (studs in particular)

Enjoying and frustrating at the same time... I must have a bin full (10 000+ parts) of tiny various parts...

I also picked up quite a few used/exclusive sets when my sister worked for LEGO

Same here actually... I (my kids and I) have plenty of sets all apart in bins.

Im slowly sorting parts by colour and setting certain types aside together (studs in particular)

Enjoying and frustrating at the same time... I must have a bin full (10 000+ parts) of tiny various parts...

I also picked up quite a few used/exclusive sets when my sister worked for LEGO

It is better to sort by type (plates, tiles, slopes, bricks, technics, connectors, ...) and then sizes (1x?, 2x?, ...) than just by color. If you have a bin full of black pieces, it is hard to find when you look for something in particular. Other colors are not too bad.

I used to sell by pieces online a while back when my kids are small. With 100,000+pieces, I used plastic drawers and smaller ones (see the OP of this thread) to store the pieces and makes it easier to find what you looking for.

It is better to sort by type (plates, tiles, slopes, bricks, technics, connectors, ...) and then sizes (1x?, 2x?, ...) than just by color. If you have a bin full of black pieces, it is hard to find when you look for something in particular. Other colors are not too bad.

I used to sell by pieces online a while back when my kids are small. With 100,000+pieces, I used plastic drawers and smaller ones (see the OP of this thread) to store the pieces and makes it easier to find what you looking for.
You were like a brick link vendor?

I seen your OP... a definite awesome way to have things organized. Sadly I haven’t the space to allocate to a dedicated LEGO room. :(:(:(

You were like a brick link vendor?

I seen your OP... a definite awesome way to have things organized. Sadly I haven’t the space to allocate to a dedicated LEGO room. :(:(:(

Yes, I used to have a store in BrickLink. But it is currently closed. May reopen it just to get rid of some more stuff that is harder to sell locally.

I need to do the sorting again, my kids kinda messed it up 🤣🤣🤣

Latest Posts

Back