• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Formula 1 Fans?

Mercedes fanboy here, don’t like how Ferrari runs things but they sorely need a win and if there’s any driver to do it, it has to be Vettel. Dude is such a classy guy, he even defended Hamilton the other day at press conference.

I hope it will be Vettel who will win the Championship:)
Well I like Mercedes as well but since they don’t have a German driver, I don’t cross my fingers anymore for that team. I think for a big German company you should hire a German driver IMO.
About Hamilton, no doubt that he’s an amazing driver but I can’t stand is ignorance and nose up attitude at all ...

I hope it will be Vettel who will win the Championship:)
Well I like Mercedes as well but since they don’t have a German driver, I don’t cross my fingers anymore for that team. I think for a big German company you should hire a German driver IMO.
About Hamilton, no doubt that he’s an amazing driver but I can’t stand is ignorance and nose up attitude at all ...

Yep, one of the things I can’t appreciate about Hamilton is the ego and ignorance. Yes, he’s skilled, but Vettel shows it’s possible to be considered one of the greats and not be a jerk.

Good point about Mercedes not using German drivers!

And today it’s all about who got the most money and that Teams will dominate the Formula 1... like Ferrari in the early 2000s...Redbull from 2010 till 2013... and now Mercedes and close Ferrari again...
It would be good to see a race in the future where all Teams will have similar chances and then you will see how good a driver really is :)

Anyway I think that the new owners of the Formula One Liberty will change a few things soon, like a top maximum budget etc.
That would help little Teams to get closer to the bigger Teams.
And second part what I really would like to see is, no Team advices during a race, a good Driver always knows how to handle well and to react ...that would be racing

Ferrari fan for longer than many of you have been alive!

Villeneuve (Gilles, not the idiot son) is probably still my all-time favourite, but I was a massive fan of Schumacher too.
DSC00149.JPG

Last edited:
Anyway I think that the new owners of the Formula One Liberty will change a few things soon, like a top maximum budget etc.
That would help little Teams to get closer to the bigger Teams.
And second part what I really would like to see is, no Team advices during a race, a good Driver always knows how to handle well and to react ...that would be racing

I agree, Mercedes essentially has an unlimited budget which obviously is a major advantage. The racing shouldn't be a money game. It should be about producing the best car within a given budget - that to me is efficiency. The no team advices would be cool, but potentially may put driver lives at risk so I don't think the GPDA would go for that.

I agree, Mercedes essentially has an unlimited budget which obviously is a major advantage. The racing shouldn't be a money game. It should be about producing the best car within a given budget - that to me is efficiency. The no team advices would be cool, but potentially may put driver lives at risk so I don't think the GPDA would go for that.

Well I’m more talking about the advices the Team give them about „which speed the need to keep constant“ or „ take care of your wheels“ etc...some advices that aren’t necessary ary IMO
For any danger things they should still be able to give some advices

Back