• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bill Goldberg "Who's Next" Mars

double

I should Work at Oakley
Illinois
Thought I'd share the 3 pairs of Mars I purchased from Pro Wrestler and actor, Bill Goldberg, years ago. Sorry, I'm not real good at posting pictures or taking them for that matter.

So I became a fan of his when he was doing the tv series "Bull Run". I've always been a car guy and when the show was out he was always wearing a pair of Mars. How can you not like the guy, right? Fast cars and Oakley's! I don't recall if it was when it was airing or shortly after they had auctioned some of his stuff off on eBay for charity. I never bought anything and regretted not picking something up. So I reached out directly and long story short, after 2 months of emails back and forth I was able to purchase 3 pairs of his personal Mars along with signed certificates of authenticity. 1 leather, 1 x-metal and 1 Crater. I was told the leather pair were the pair he wore in the movie The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler and it shows him wearing them when he's getting off the bus, but no way of confirming. Can't say for sure about the other two, although I've found pics online. Ruby and blue do not have original rubbers and the leather pair came with black iridium lenses instead of gold. Mars didn't come with blue iridium either, but didn't want to change any of them since that's how they came. They all did come with boxes and coins, although the serials don't match up. Makes me wonder how many pairs he's had over the years.

Along with the 3 pairs they included a few extras and I also received a signed copy of his book addressed to me along with a couple other signed pictures of him.

Hope you enjoy!

(The other x-metal mars in the pic is a just a regular pair I bought nib.)

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

AC.jpg

Pics.jpg

Last edited:
Back