• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bored Prototype Tech at work

Impromptu 13.11 we all wanted vs what we actually got. It’s repeatable the prizm etching is not savable and technically neither is the Oakley logo but it can be. It just sits high in the lens after triming away the arched portion.

View attachment 1112261

View attachment 1112262

View attachment 1112263

View attachment 1112264

View attachment 1112265

View attachment 1112266

View attachment 1112267

View attachment 1112268
Great job!

I think I would like it better if it were cut just below the Oakley logo, not so tall.

Great job!

I think I would like it better if it were cut just below the Oakley logo, not so tall.
It’s not too tall now I was trying to keep the etching but it’s almost below the brow of the frame. My next cut will remove it completely. But to do so I have to take anchor lugs off a lens for the nose piece. I also might chop the “ beak “ off like the Kato x.

It’s not too tall now I was trying to keep the etching but it’s almost below the brow of the frame. My next cut will remove it completely. But to do so I have to take anchor lugs off a lens for the nose piece. I also might chop the “ beak “ off like the Kato x.
So this could be a "hybrid XL cut" with more coverage and the next could be a just a standard hybrid. They came out great. What color lens for the next cut, 24k? Have to name these the 17.4.17's!

So this could be a "hybrid XL cut" with more coverage and the next could be a just a standard hybrid. They came out great. What color lens for the next cut, 24k? Have to name these the 17.4.17's!
Not sure what the next cut will be shape wise. Lens color will be black. I needed to fill a couple hour gap while waiting for eng to come down so plugged it nicely lol. Technically yes you could pull off a wider hybrid lens. Stretching it the other way would take some serious fitting. Almost like an agro strike afterwards.

Impromptu 13.11 we all wanted vs what we actually got. It’s repeatable the prizm etching is not savable and technically neither is the Oakley logo but it can be. It just sits high in the lens after triming away the arched portion.

View attachment 1112261

View attachment 1112262

View attachment 1112263

View attachment 1112264

View attachment 1112265

View attachment 1112266

View attachment 1112267

View attachment 1112268
Good job dude! This came out really nicely.

This is its new home

IMG_5147.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back