• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Display Case History

Oh... there is no door either?? The Rx shown in the O-Review pic has hinges and a door.
You actually just made me notice that it is actually setup for a door. The photo of what I considered the back because of the staining, which is just on the surface and not in the metal itself, has the attachment points for the hinges. I now believe the panels and door were lost when the shelves were by the Lens Crafters that had it long before I got it.

Mine has a larger door, and less shelves/storage at the top. I believe there are three sliding shelves inside the door. I know others have this too, I’ll share a photo on Monday. I purchased it from a guy that worked at a regional optical chain. It doesn’t have any lighting either

Update* Here’s one on eBay like mine, they have the lighting mine lacks.

Last edited:
I guess the hinges on the Rx Tower can be removed but if it originally had it, it would definitely show the drilled holes where the rivets used to be. My version have the doors but I think they made versions without.
20240120_191755.jpg

Mine has a larger door, and less shelves/storage at the top. I believe there are three sliding shelves inside the door. I know others have this too, I’ll share a photo on Monday. I purchased it from a guy that worked at a regional optical chain. It doesn’t have any lighting either

Update* Here’s one on eBay like mine, they have the lighting mine lacks.

I don't think that is a Mega Tower... it is likely some Rx display that is not like the Mega Towers. I believe Mega Towers have 4 diagonal pillars at each corner, filled with rivets.

This might be the first Mega Tower. I have posted before on this unique round tower. Label says Mega Tower with a date of 2010. This display is Bad Ass!!
View attachment 1112207View attachment 1112208View attachment 1112209

That's a cool one, but no way the first. The aluminum towers we're talking about were made much earlier than 2010... more like 1990's and early 2000's.

This is my Mega Tower I saved from destruction last year. It has 2 drawers and the halogen metal fixture. I put a Smart LED bulb in it. It was in pretty rough shape and I had to have the hinges repaired and a new door made.

View attachment 1112139

Looks great! Also looks full... time for a second!

Back