• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help for an absolute Oakley virgin!

Davemsc

Oakley Beginner
Hey all!
Just thought I'd say hi! Just bought my first pair of oakleys...ever! (I'm 46 yrs old lol).

I live in Halifax, NS so we get sun, cloud, rain, snow..pretty much everything

Went in and found some gibstons..they fit perfectly. The only lens there in those were the prizm sapphire polarized. I wanted polarized so i bought them. I have a month to return of not happy.
Of course now i find that there are about a million types of lenses lol

Basically looking for all around pair of sunglasses. Do lots of driving, beach in the summer and also want these for mountain biking..so woods, shadows, etc...in sunny and cloudy conditions. I am not one to swap out sunglasses so I'm looking for a jack of all trades of possible

Was this a smart decision with that lens? I'm coming from Ryder Dunes polarized if that helps at all.

Thanks everyone and look forward to my new oakleys!!!

Thanks for the suggestion! I have a feeling once i start looking at lenses, I'll be going far down that rabbit hole haha

I guess I'm just concerned the ones i have might be too dark for mountain biking....

Lol trust me the journey has started already!
Is it normal for the prizm sapphire polarized to have basically two tints when in the gibstons...one in the center and one around the perimeter?
The edge tint is almost yellow..is that normal? I'll assume it doesnt affect anything....

I'm already doubting my sapphire choice haha....the ruby polarized is intriguing. I'm going to have go into the woods on a cloudy day and see if the sapphire are bright enough to hit the trails.

I am wondering why i never jumped on the Oakley train before lol..the difference aleady from my last sunglasses is ridiculous

Be warned, you are looking down the rabbit hole already.
6 months from now you have a double-wide cabinet, 78 pair of Oakley and an empty bank account.

Last edited:
Aloha and welcome to the Forum.
Yup. Jump on in.

IMG_4168.gif

Back