• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Misc. Oakley Exchange Rules PLEASE READ

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
I feel like i stumbled upon a Knitting circle... I am with the Boss (not to be a kiss ass). I dont like scalping, but its hard to define and monitor. Maybe instead of a rule you should have a guidelines section where it shows proper etiquette. Scalping is more of a etiquette thing than a rule imo.

here is a thought. We all hate scalpers, but how many of us have taken advantage of someone on Craigslist or ebay. How is it any different? If i see a pair of Juliets listed for $40 and I snatch them up, everyone cheers. But if a limited pair comes new and someone buys it and try's to sell for 3X whats the difference?
My.02

Some people reacted to this post.
As everyone knows I have been very fair with my pricing and have never tried to take advantage of anyonebut I do have a question related to this.

if I purchased an Oakley watch for $2k at the O-Store, still have receipt, before Oakley ever decided to exit the watch business and now I decide I want to try and sell it for $1500 is that scalping? Keep in mind that the watch was sold by Oakley later at 50% off because they decided to exit the business but I paid full retail price for it and it has only sat on the shelf. However, the perceived reasonable price on the forum is $1k or less because of depreciating value. Shouldn’t I be able to ask the $1500 I want for the watch knowing that I paid $2k? Granted it will probably never sell on the forum at that price;)

Username Hidden said:
I feel like i stumbled upon a Knitting circle... I am with the Boss (not to be a kiss ass). I dont like scalping, but its hard to define and monitor. Maybe instead of a rule you should have a guidelines section where it shows proper etiquette. Scalping is more of a etiquette thing than a rule imo.

here is a thought. We all hate scalpers, but how many of us have taken advantage of someone on Craigslist or ebay. How is it any different? If i see a pair of Juliets listed for $40 and I snatch them up, everyone cheers. But if a limited pair comes new and someone buys it and try's to sell for 3X whats the difference?
My.02
Hello. So glad you could join us.

I wish I could get bargains on ebay. Lol

Username Hidden said:

My.02

The difference is this ain’t eBay. It’s not supposed to be. This is supposed to be a community where we help each other not just try to make as much money off each other as possible.

He at one time thought this was a good rule but apparently if people keep disregarding rules they’ll be thrown out.

Same way I see calling out scammers and ****ty traders. It only serves to help everyone so I’ll keep doing it when I need to and rules can be changed.

Username Hidden said:
As everyone knows I have been very fair with my pricing and have never tried to take advantage of anyonebut I do have a question related to this.

if I purchased an Oakley watch for $2k at the O-Store, still have receipt, before Oakley ever decided to exit the watch business and now I decide I want to try and sell it for $1500 is that scalping? Keep in mind that the watch was sold by Oakley later at 50% off because they decided to exit the business but I paid full retail price for it and it has only sat on the shelf. However, the perceived reasonable price on the forum is $1k or less because of depreciating value. Shouldn’t I be able to ask the $1500 I want for the watch knowing that I paid $2k? Granted it will probably never sell on the forum at that price;)

That’s not the same thing. We’re talking specifically about a guy buying out all of the $4 lanyards at the vaults and then selling them here for $25 because the stores are out.

Not the same thing as you selling a watch two years later. Sell that ****** for whatever you want.

Username Hidden said:
The difference is this ain’t eBay. It’s not supposed to be. This is supposed to be a community where we help each other not just try to make as much money off each other as possible.

He at one time thought this was a good rule but apparently if people keep disregarding rules they’ll be thrown out.

Same way I see calling out scammers and ****ty traders. It only serves to help everyone so I’ll keep doing it when I need to and rules can be changed.

bro, i am sorry it is, it was, it has been. You should know that by now.

better because there No taxes. It’s a flea market,
Free for all pricings!!!

Username Hidden said:

I get that this is not ebay, but its pretty dang similar. I also think you’re justified in calling out bad actors when you see them. Here is a question. When the rule existed, how often was it enforced? A rule not enforced is no rule at all. I think thats his argument here. That the rule is to hard to enforce.

in a perfect O verse, what would you do to solve this?

Username Hidden said:
I get that this is not ebay, but its pretty dang similar. I also think you’re justified in calling out bad actors when you see them. Here is a question. When the rule existed, how often was it enforced? A rule not enforced is no rule at all. I think thats his argument here. That the rule is to hard to enforce.

XMM used to enforce it. I offered to. He avoided that.

Username Hidden said:

Boot the ****s who are blatantly preying on members. These pricks would scalp their own mother if they could make a buck

Username Hidden said:
Boot the ****s who are blatantly preying on members. These pricks would scalp their own mother if they could make a buck
What if you just dont buy fron them? Scalpers only exist because people are willing to pay. If this is a community then we should all reject these guys when we see them. If we don't buy then they are gonna have to lower the price to avoid losing money...

I dont know. I am a free market guy. But i do try and avoid the rushes. Or i make sure when something is coming out i contact my vault or store and have them hold one for me...

Latest Posts

Back