• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
that’s the same reason I bought a wrx. didnt get any snow in nj somehow last year. I am torn in which lens to get. I want them for snow driving/blowing/work in the snow but I don’t know If torch or sapphire is right for me
Both work really well.

Thank you @OakleyBoss i appreciate the merger here.

@Mg228 i can let you know my experience here recently, last week an ice storm in my area happened here in Texas. Last week, when the snow and ice started falling, I was so excited for the next day just so I could try out the SnowTorch and SnowBlack Clifden’s. The conditions was cloudy snow and ice on the ground and falling at times. First was the SnowTorch. My first impression of them was very pleasant. I was amazed how everything brightened up, the clarity is phenomenal. Same conditions for the SnowBlack. First impression I really liked it as well, however, I really wished I had the sunlight for this pair. The difference between the two is The SnowBlack darkened things more you could still see clearly I was amazed with it as well just seemed when it’s cloudy for me I’d rather use the SnowTorch.

Now, for the SnowSapphire I don’t know how they are yet I’m waiting that pair to get here. I do believe in cloudy conditions I could see going to these as well. I would think knowing the light transmission the SnowSapphire would be what you’d call in the middle so they’d work great in the sun as well.

@Mg228 i hope this helped out.

Thank you very much for the detailed review. Yea I think the sapphire would be good because it’s in the middle. I’d probably like the conditions to be lighter than darker when dealing with any kind of sow/overcast/clouds. I think that may be my first choice even though I like the look of the snow black.

@Mg228 yes sir, I understand you completely.
Pretty sure you will find a love for them as I have as soon as you get them and see what they do for you. I promise you’ll be curious with the other lens options. When you get ready one day and need a review on a different pair I’m here for you.

for those that haven’t seen the light transmissions for the Snow Clifden’s here they are for quick reference here:
SnowBlack-5.5%
SnowSapphire-13%
SnowTorch-17%

I’m really digging a few of the custom frames. The polished clear would be really cool.

Also to make the fellow above mad cause seeing he wanted to correct.
I would really like to see the Vamprella frame with SnowTorch!!!

I just received my first pair of Clifdens in the mail today. first impression is that i really like them. i went with the ink black/prizm shallow water combo. the reason i went with that combo is the glossy ink black frame with black rubber parts interested me the most. most of the other frames had rubber colors or frame colors that didn't interest me as much. i could always get different lenses if i don't like the shallow water, but they seem nice. i might pick up DWP lenses for them eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back