• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hi,

I'm new here and just purchased my first pair of Oakley sunglasses in the Drop Point model, Matte Brown frame with Tungsten Prizm Polarized lens.

Drop Points were purchased from Amazon, LLC. an Authorized Oakley dealer to avoid the fakes. Price was $108.

When I got them today, everything checked out, it didn't feel cheaply made, hinges were crisp, lens clear and polarized, markings/etching, stickers, bag, box, and model number were on par. The only issues were that there was NO RED "USA Made" tag on the the end of arm, and box had Luxxotica, Made in USA etc. label, but lacking the label with the "Drop Point" name.

This was not purchased from a 3rd party, it was purchased and shipped from Amazon, LLC.

Before I return it, I'd thought I'd check with you folks first. Thank you in advance!

Sean

The missing tag on the frame could be ok. Not all of them have it, even some same models can be missing it and be ok. The box is a bit confusing though. Let’s see some pics of the box and frame. That’ll help.

Hi,

I'm new here and just purchased my first pair of Oakley sunglasses in the Drop Point model, Matte Brown frame with Tungsten Prizm Polarized lens.

Drop Points were purchased from Amazon, LLC. an Authorized Oakley dealer to avoid the fakes. Price was $108.

When I got them today, everything checked out, it didn't feel cheaply made, hinges were crisp, lens clear and polarized, markings/etching, stickers, bag, box, and model number were on par. The only issues were that there was NO RED "USA Made" tag on the the end of arm, and box had Luxxotica, Made in USA etc. label, but lacking the label with the "Drop Point" name.

This was not purchased from a 3rd party, it was purchased and shipped from Amazon, LLC.

Before I return it, I'd thought I'd check with you folks first. Thank you in advance!

Sean

That red tag is a new thingy. Older Drop Points just had the elliptical logo at the end of the temples, on the inside. You're good.

The missing tag on the frame could be ok. Not all of them have it, even some same models can be missing it and be ok. The box is a bit confusing though. Let’s see some pics of the box and frame. That’ll help.
Thanks for the reply. Tried to capture as much as I could in less photos. Hope this is enough.

Resized_20191204_053129_001.jpeg

Resized_20191204_053225.jpeg

Resized_20191204_053251.jpeg

That red tag is a new thingy. Older Drop Points just had the elliptical logo at the end of the temples, on the inside. You're good.
Thanks Km. Good to know. I uploaded pics on SiRacer420's reply just below yours. They do have the elliptical logos on both ends. Appreciate it.

I am looking at this Juliet to buy.
Has original Polarized Lenses but no Serial No.
So it should be Plasma 04-123.
Seller claims it's from 2007.
Should be legit, right?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-04 um 22.02.04.png

Back