• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished White/Ruby (red Letters), Polished Clear/Violet, Crys Black/+red Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oakleys original press release in 2008

For each original color combination of this coveted style, only 3,000 Collectors Editions will be produced. This is an opportunity to own a rare retro classic, and once supplies are gone, the window of opportunity will be closed forever!

Forever being 3 years? Short memory over there. I want to start a sunglass company called NO JOAK and make actual limited editions. Thanks for coming to my defense JK. Special snowflake? No just not not another sheep who is ok with being lied too. I am actually filing a legal complaint against Oakley for Fraud and misleading/false advertising.

I understand what you're saying Atmos but is it that serious that you have to file a legal complaint?

WOW
a legal complaint against OAKLEY. . .
hmmmm
interesting!

It was

The answer is simple: sometimes, amidst all the Mad Science here at Oakley, we get to waxing nostalgic. So we wanted to give you a chance to channel a core piece of our brand, circa 1985. Far from just reintroducing an older sunglass model, this limited, tiered release applies to those who appreciate the fine art of innovation; people who are setting the pace in today’s world of style.
For each original color combination of this coveted style, only 3,000 Collectors Editions will be produced. This is an opportunity to own a rare retro classic, and once supplies are gone, the window of opportunity will be closed forever!

I do feel that this is serious enough to file a legal complaint. So does the lawyer that I have contacted about this. This is very misleading and falls right under false advertisement claim. Nearly every press release mentions the exclusivity of the 3k and refering to each colorway. The SKU is not substantially different in intellectual property terms.

Here is there new updated paragraph to cover up their original lies: For each original color combination of this coveted style, limited quantities will be produced. This is an opportunity to own a rare retro classic, and once supplies are gone, the window of opportunity will be closed forever.

Good luck with that. You versus a team of corporate lawyers who nit-pick at every detail. You already lost the case by posting a quote from Oakley yourself:

"For each original color combination of this coveted style, only 3,000 Collectors Editions will be produced. This is an opportunity to own a rare retro classic, and once supplies are gone, the window of opportunity will be closed forever!"

Original color combination - Meaning OAKLEY's original color combination versus other brands
3,000 Collectors Editions - The new Frogs are not labeled collectors. They're a general release with no stipulation on how many will be made.

Your whole argument is also somewhat hypocritical. The simple fact that they even brought back the Frogskins from retirement allows you to collect them, right?

I hope you don't think we're all against you here, but the position you take really makes you sound like a scalper, especially by threatening legal action.

"Collecting" can mean something different for everyone. From what you've said thus far, it seems you "collect" to have something very few others have and would pay top dollar for that exclusivity. I'm not knocking you on that because you're definitely not alone in this world. But if that's the case, maybe you should look into something that's not mass produced, like art. I hear there's only one Mona Lisa out there. :wink: All jokes aside, people on this forum seem to share in others joy when they're able to bring home another pair. It doesn't matter if it's a rare/expensive piece or if it's your everyday pair. We just all love Oakley sunglasses. For someone to be able to buy a pair of Frogskins without having to shell out their kidney and share their joy with us here, that's worth more to me than worrying about how Oakley seemingly screwed someone because a promise of 3,000 units was (or wasn't) broken.

I have never sold a single pair of frogskins, traded yes, sold no. My fiancee wanted me too, but I backed out. She also paid big bucks for my gold supremes. Neither her nor I would be happy to see these rereleased at a cheap price. Not a scalper, just someone who believes in laws and people being honest. That release says colorways. They are making the exact same colorways. The way it is written is misleading, which is exactly what the legal definition of false advertising entails. Again the SKU's are not substantially different. I thought Oakley was a company that cared about their customers. I am mad because of the premium I paid for some pairs, not for what it does for resale.

Not just me filing the complaint, I have enlisted 2 attorneys one specializing in corporate law, the other more specifically in IP and patents. It helps to have friends in high places.

I have never sold a single pair of frogskins, traded yes, sold no. My fiancee wanted me too, but I backed out. Not a scalper, just someone who believes in laws and people being honest. That release says colorways. They are making the exact same colorways. The way it is written is misleading, which is exactly what the legal definition of false advertising entails. Again the SKU's are not substantially different.

Don't get me wrong. I believe a company should act in a manner that's fair and just. If you truly believe that Oakley by releasing these new frogskins is unfair to you, then by all means, good luck in your lawsuit. If you win and they stop producing them again, it only makes these current "general release" frogskins collectible as well and you complete another circle in the vicious cycle of buying, and scalping.

The point i was trying to make above is to give all an opportunity to enjoy another pair of sunglasses without having to cut off an arm and a leg.

Also, it's not like they are releasing Moda3, Cmons, and DQM. There will always be pieces for collectors and pieces for the general public. These are just basic colors.

With everything going on in the world today, we are concerned about netflix raising their prices and oakley lying about collectors editions. SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.