• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished White/Ruby (red Letters), Polished Clear/Violet, Crys Black/+red Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess it's just a case of, "you just can't please everyone". re-releasing these frogskins, will definitely generate sizable returns for Oakley, seeing how popular frogskins are nowadays. doesn't really bother me very much, coz as a collector, these aren't the releases/colourways that are the sought after ones. i can bet that no way will they re-release things like the colourways similar to the DQMs, SW Blue Chromes, Modas or Atmos, so the rare unique pairs will still remain. =)

Also, it's not like they are releasing Moda3, Cmons, and DQM. There will always be pieces for collectors and pieces for the general public. These are just basic colors.

With everything going on in the world today, we are concerned about netflix raising their prices and oakley lying about collectors editions. SMH.

damn, that's what i just typed! more or less. ha! the problem with typing a post halfway, and then having to tend to a crying fussing kiddo, and then continuing half an hour later, without refreshing the page. haha!

well said Jive! =)

i guess it's just a case of, "you just can't please everyone". re-releasing these frogskins, will definitely generate sizable returns for Oakley, seeing how popular frogskins are nowadays. doesn't really bother me very much, coz as a collector, these aren't the releases/colourways that are the sought after ones. i can bet that no way will they re-release things like the colourways similar to the DQMs, SW Blue Chromes, Modas or Atmos, so the rare unique pairs will still remain. =)

Well-put my friend!

I have never sold a single pair of frogskins, traded yes, sold no. My fiancee wanted me too, but I backed out. She also paid big bucks for my gold supremes. Neither her nor I would be happy to see these rereleased at a cheap price. Not a scalper, just someone who believes in laws and people being honest. That release says colorways. They are making the exact same colorways. The way it is written is misleading, which is exactly what the legal definition of false advertising entails. Again the SKU's are not substantially different. I thought Oakley was a company that cared about their customers. I am mad because of the premium I paid for some pairs, not for what it does for resale.

So basically you're mad because other people will get what you have...at a cheaper price?

It sounds like you're jealous of the ones that are saving money because you overpaid for a piece of glorified plastic. It's a vicious cycle, isn't it? Any real Oakley fan would be happy that these were being released to the masses.

As far as I can tell these are limited. But I put a call out to our product rep for more clarification.

I highly highly doubt these will always be available like black/grey or rootbeer/brown.

That being said, as soon as I have some solid info, I'll let you guys know.

My basic rule of thumb with Oakley is everything is limited until proven otherwise. IE. Jupiter camo froggies were supposed to be much more widly available.

For now the Matte Black/Violet is BO from Oakley until and unspecified date. could be a month, could be a week.... only time will tell

Looks like oakley.com is already sold out of polished white/ruby and matte black/violet!

They say "Coming Soon" not "Sold Out" -
Oakley Frogskin Sunglasses available at the online Oakley store

And sure, I could be in the same boat as a few of us, as I bought the 03-118 - The Oakley Review - Glasses - 4 years ago for $100 and assumed, they'd be limited...and numbered (the description did read that when these first released so don't get me started). But I'm kinda glad Oakley is rel-releasing a few of these...sure 3 out of 4 were the original Collectors Frogskins - Oakley Frogskins Release | Highsnobiety.com - and the others were already done...but I highly doubt they'll rerelease limited models like the STPL's and FICE's so don't worry.

BlackDiamond, interesting. Let me know what a rep tells you.

But I just talked to my O store hookup and he said they are on regular replenishment.

Jono beat me to it. The six pairs that re released this month, along with the matte black w/black iridium polarized set for next month will stay on current production runs. So if any of yall missed these the first go round, you'll have plenty of oppurtunities to scoop them later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.