• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement Oakley Prescription Lenses?

Yep target lenses flak 2.0 polarized sunglass lenses costs me $35

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm currently charging $220 for clear lenses on flak 2.0/2.0xl models. $330 for transitions Rx. These are both genuine Oakley RX. Digital lenses, anti glare coating, etc.

I would stay with oem Rx Oakley. They input and grind the RX based in the exact curvature of the lens as on file with Oakley! They use a modified Shamir Autograph II Attitude lens (Google that) called OTD. They are made of the highest quality, high pressure, injection molded polycarbonate Transitions 7 blanks, which also block 35% of blue light at the computer! Clear lenses don't do that.
I test fit every set, and check the RX before shipping.
I wouldn't go aftermarket, you'd save a little, but at what cost? Poor fit, multiple remakes, warped optics, just don't do aftermarket lol.

Anyway, glad to see such a mild Rx... I recommend you go with what suits you . Maybe u have a frame, or frame costs extra. But just keep in mind I had little time to respond, but wanted you to know, durability, and optical quality around the corner is better with oakley Rx... You can match the quality elsewhere, but it'll actually cost more to do right!

Hi Chris

I remember reading earlier that you don't do progressive lenses. Is that still the case?
Don't need any prescription lenses at the moment but this would be good to know for future purposes.

True. Progressive lenses I only sell in person on location in SLO, California.

Ordering progressives online is always a mistake in my professional judgement.

Good question though. Let me know if you have single vision questions later.

Thank you for confirming this. I might consider single vision prescription lenses at some point in the future.

How does buying Oakley prescription lenses from you work out? For example my vice is Pit boss 1 frames.
Do you have access to any prescription lenses Oakley offers and would those this frame or how is the availability arranged?

Most likely I would be next interested in 24 K iridium polarized or Prixm ruby polarized lenses for BP1 if those would be available.

Pit
Thank you for confirming this. I might consider single vision prescription lenses at some point in the future.

How does buying Oakley prescription lenses from you work out? For example my vice is Pit boss 1 frames.
Do you have access to any prescription lenses Oakley offers and would those this frame or how is the availability arranged?

Most likely I would be next interested in 24 K iridium polarized or Prixm ruby polarized lenses for BP1 if those would be available.
Pit Boss isn't a frame Oakley makes RX lenses for anymore, sorry dude.

I know and it is a pity. That's why I just bought two pairs of Fuse prescription lenses for my PB1s.

I was just wondering if it would be possible to cut prescription lenses from "donor prescription lenses" but I guess that was too much of a long shot which I understand very well. But it never hurts to ask.

Anyway if anyone is interested here is a summary from my experience with Fuse prescription lenses:

I use a pair of clear bifocal lenses in a clear MD frame at the range. I cleared an old pair of whiskey frames and added the polycarbonate lenses. The clear frames are nice because they do not obstruct peripheral vision. Easy to shift focus from sights to target.

I'm currently charging $220 for clear lenses on flak 2.0/2.0xl models. $330 for transitions Rx. These are both genuine Oakley RX. Digital lenses, anti glare coating, etc.

I would stay with oem Rx Oakley. They input and grind the RX based in the exact curvature of the lens as on file with Oakley! They use a modified Shamir Autograph II Attitude lens (Google that) called OTD. They are made of the highest quality, high pressure, injection molded polycarbonate Transitions 7 blanks, which also block 35% of blue light at the computer! Clear lenses don't do that.
I test fit every set, and check the RX before shipping.
I wouldn't go aftermarket, you'd save a little, but at what cost? Poor fit, multiple remakes, warped optics, just don't do aftermarket lol.

Anyway, glad to see such a mild Rx... I recommend you go with what suits you . Maybe u have a frame, or frame costs extra. But just keep in mind I had little time to respond, but wanted you to know, durability, and optical quality around the corner is better with oakley Rx... You can match the quality elsewhere, but it'll actually cost more to do right!

Hi Chris, ran across this post. I know it is a lit old. Do you still sell the Flak 2.0 XL with progressive prescription transition Oakley lenses? I was about to place on order on sportrx.com but figured I would hit you up first. They are charging about $450 for the pair. Thanks -Dan

Hi Chris, ran across this post. I know it is a lit old. Do you still sell the Flak 2.0 XL with progressive prescription transition Oakley lenses? I was about to place on order on sportrx.com but figured I would hit you up first. They are charging about $450 for the pair. Thanks -Dan
I don't prefer to do progressive lenses over the net and the price there sounds good. Feel free to pull the trigger w them :) thanks for checking! I prefer doing single vision distance only.

Back