• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Infamous 18kt Gold Oakley Time Bomb

The hour and minute hands looked torn straight from a Seiko Alpinist. Wonder if the movement was was well.
I don't quite understand how the original movement would be hard to repair or source because it's a basic ETA movement isn't it? Parts and replacements should be ubiquitous.

At 370+ grams, that is $16k+ of gold alone let alone the LE nature of this collectors item, you'd probably net 20+ in a sale. Looks heavy and highly scratchable, but really cool too the design is so unique

The hour and minute hands looked torn straight from a Seiko Alpinist. Wonder if the movement was was well.
I don't quite understand how the original movement would be hard to repair or source because it's a basic ETA movement isn't it? Parts and replacements should be ubiquitous.

At 370+ grams, that is $16k+ of gold alone let alone the LE nature of this collectors item, you'd probably net 20+ in a sale. Looks heavy and highly scratchable, but really cool too the design is so unique
I’d light that **** on fire before I’d sell it to someone for 20k 😁

TBH, too busy to mess with it right now. I have a lot of watches as you know.

One day I’ll put time in to get it repaired properly. Have all the parts, so not too worried

Back