• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The "OK, Tell me 'Yes' or 'No'. Do I suit these?" Thread

I think the XX fits the niche for larger sized heads while keeping the similar look of the Juliet. That's just my opinion though. While I love wearing Juliets, they are too small on my face to completely remove all light which makes them impractical, so I know where you're coming from.

It's the squareness of the bottom outside corners of the XS (is the XX the same?) that I find can look slightly awkward on people.

I know what you mean about the geometry of the juliet. It's odd because they don't seem too too small on me, but I have a lot of unfiltered light in the bottom of my field of vision when I look down that it almost seems illogical to me that they seem to fit okay.

My frame advice to Sundalo was not based on any bias. What would the point be in that?

Simply put, from the pics he presented to us, he did actually suit the Juliet best.

Perhaps he should try more frames for a larger face, I agree. Lord knows there are enough to choose from. I just thought the Boss 2 and the Radar looked a bit ridiculous on him.

This thread is not about pushing an agenda for any given frame. It's about honest advice on pics presented to the community.

The Pit Boss' seem to fit people better than they expect, I've noticed. I wonder if the love for all things juliet that is characteristic of this place kind of blinds people to their small size sometimes. I've owned a couple of pairs and although I personally like them, non-oakley crazies usually find them a bit small. I really wish they'd done an x-metal that kept the more swept quality of the juliet but in a size closer to the XS.

The smaller frames seem to sit too high on the nose for some people. There's one dude here that can wear any x-metal and I hate him so.

That's the PB II and recently tried on a pair-they are bigger than the PB I on my head/face. Its suddle but pretty apparent though I think it is mostly in the orbital shape and earstem arc; apparently Oakley decided all people have mega heads.

As for the Juliet fit, it has interchangeable nose pieces-I can have the Juliet sitting way high on my nose with little lower coverage or way down to where it touches my cheekbones depending on nose piece size and where exactly on the bridge I'm placing them. Its actually one of the models you can tweak the fit a lot on.

As for Sundalo-I think the Juliets look amazing on you; the PB looks a bit big-I'd think the PB I would fit better but that might not be an option for you if not available.

honest opinion please (cross hair) are the plaintiff and deviation wider than the crosshair?
E08F661C-4975-4A18-8F05-0761718D4938-20111-0000022993AF23B5_zps9e1e27c2.jpg
04FA498B-13C2-43E2-9615-1D291901D8B3-20111-000002298D0E8E41_zpsc2fc3998.jpg

Latest Posts

Back