• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Updates to Oakley Forum Rules/Mod Actions 2020

@OakleyBoss

Professional Oakley Sellers(or POS's for short) are trying to dictate the rules here so their threads can be a safe space.

They need that safe space because this is how they put food on their tables.

@Steven Goldberg has 300+ pairs of oakleys for sale on ebay right now.

Screenshot_20200311-190723_Samsung Internet.jpg

And he isnt the only one. We know who the others are.

They buy up tons and tons of stuff and sell here because it increases their profits to avoid Ebay fees and hassle. Then they break the rules and ask for payments F&F(yes I have proof).

And the worst part about it is NONE of them are even premium members here.

That many items for sale all day every day and a bag of chips?

That should qualify them to become a FORUM SPONSOR.

Then maybe their input about how sales here are treated could be taken with more then a grain of salt!

These dudes are running small side businesses here and it seems like all you care about is site traffic from it rather than what Made Oakley Forum Great in the first place:

It was the fact that you coupled a nice underground hobby with your professional web skills(waaaaay beyond Dann's)

Skills that blew it up into a Professional Oakley Sellers paradise. (I saw it first hand with the rubbers).

I understand that the POS's(professional oakley sellers) are a part of the traffic that helps fund the forum, but there is clearly enough of us who are long standing members who are turned off by it that a solution should be considered...

Make them pay to be a forum sponsor. Then they can rap all they want.

Unti then, there will be those of us that continue to understand the injustice they do to the other 99.9% of us by taking tons of well priced items away from others and listing them HERE ON THE FORUM for stupid money.

The counter argument is that if it's a stupid price, dont buy it! Keep scrolling. Right?

Wrong.

Up until a few years ago, Mars used to sell for like $200-$350(high end if it was a crater)

Screenshot_20200311-194339_Samsung Internet.jpg

And now Goldberg sells them for $650 (not even a crater)

Screenshot_20200311-194734_Samsung Internet.jpg

And by "he sells them for $650"....I mean he has listed over 30 boxed sets of Mars in the last year and a half.

Screenshot_20200311-195103_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200311-195146_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200311-195119_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200311-195158_Samsung Internet.jpg

He cornered the Mars market and drove the price up for the other 99% of us. This is the effect that the POS's have on our hobby.

Screenshot_20200311-195103_Samsung Internet.jpg

@OakleyBoss

Professional Oakley Sellers(or POS's for short) are trying to dictate the rules here so their threads can be a safe space.

View attachment 711593

They buy up tons and tons of stuff and sell here because it increases their profits to avoid Ebay fees and hassle. Then they break the rules and ask for payments F&F(yes I have proof).

Then maybe their input about how sales here are treated could be taken with more then a grain of salt!

These dudes are running small side businesses here and it seems like all you care about is site traffic from it rather than what Made Oakley Forum Great in the first place:

It was the fact that you coupled a nice underground hobby with your professional web skills(waaaaay beyond Dann's)

Skills that blew it up into a Professional Oakley Sellers paradise. (I saw it first hand with the rubbers).

I understand that the POS's(professional oakley sellers) are a part of the traffic that helps fund the forum, but there is clearly enough of us who are long standing members who are turned off by it that a solution should be considered...

Unti then, there will be those of us that continue to understand the injustice they do to the other 99.9% of us by taking tons of well priced items away from others and listing them HERE ON THE FORUM for stupid money.

The counter argument is that if it's a stupid price, dont buy it! Keep scrolling. Right?

Wrong.

Up until a few years ago, Mars used to sell for like $200-$350(high end if it was a crater)

View attachment 711598

View attachment 711599

And by "he sells them for $650"....I mean he has listed over 30 boxed sets of Mars in the last year and a half.

View attachment 711601

View attachment 711602

View attachment 711603

View attachment 711604

He cornered the Mars market and drove the price up for the other 99% of us. This is the effect that the POS's have on our hobby.

View attachment 711600
IIRC others have been made to become A sponsor if they wanted to sell here.

@OakleyBoss

View attachment 711593

Wrong.

View attachment 711598

View attachment 711599

View attachment 711601

View attachment 711602

View attachment 711603

View attachment 711604

View attachment 711600

@OakleyBoss this is a flamer right here. Should be banned

My issue with locked sale threads is if the description is misleading. Someone posts Juliets with ruby lenses and red rubber. Describes them as "X Metal finish, ruby lenses, red rubber, tight, like new, lenses and rubber are mint. $450."

And then they lock the thread. Lenses look after market. Rubber looks like linegear. I hit the back button and don't look at them again. But some new guy that wants to try out xmetals sees them and assumes they must be oakley lenses and rubbers, due to the price. He buys them. Or maybe he asks the seller a question about them and gets a vague answer that could be interpreted as they are original lenses and ducati rubber. Then he buys them. Eventually he realizes his lenses suck and finds out they aren't real.

If the thread wasn't locked, people can ask questions and force an accurate description out of the seller so a potential buyer is informed.

@OakleyBoss this is a flamer right here. Should be banned

I'll be honest I don't think it's flaming I think it's a valid concern and while I would prefer to receive the message via PM, it is calm collected and logical throughout. I would agree that based on the volume of deals and looking at having 300+ items for sale on eBay that does seem like a Professional Seller / Store, and should be a forum sponsor. I will send a PM so we can discuss this further so as to keep this thread on topic of rules.

I'll be honest I don't think it's flaming I think it's a valid concern and while I would prefer to receive the message via PM, it is calm collected and logical throughout. I would agree that based on the volume of deals and looking at having 300+ items for sale on eBay that does seem like a Professional Seller / Store, and should be a forum sponsor. I will send a PM so we can discuss this further so as to keep this thread on topic of rules.

Generally forum a Forum Sponsor it is about promoting a store / brand, nothing around volume, but will talk with him regarding this. Truth be told I don't even think he's a top 10 trader on this site, so on here he is still fine as long as he isn't promoting his brand which I haven't seen.

Someone please explain to me how voicing your opinion on a sales thread adversarily is a better option than PM'ing a mod and letting them handle it?

Latest Posts

Back