• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watches Other Than Oakley

Thank you! Although I own a TT Submariner with a blue dial as well, lol. I believe each collection should have at least one Sub.

I agree, I am actually in the market for a no date Sub. I like the aesthetic of no date window - nice and symmetrical. It's actually one of the main reasons I got rid of my Planet Ocean 8500 (pictured below) - aside from the date - I could not stand the thickness of the 8500 movement any longer. The Seamaster 300 MC I replaced it with is much more manageable - about the same thickness as the old 2500 movement Planet Ocean.

20150408_184038.jpg

Message_1428529644807.jpg

I agree, I am actually in the market for a no date Sub. I like the aesthetic of no date window - nice and symmetrical. It's actually one of the main reasons I got rid of my Planet Ocean 8500 (pictured below) - aside from the date - I could not stand the thickness of the 8500 movement any longer. The Seamaster 300 MC I replaced it with is much more manageable - about the same thickness as the old 2500 movement Planet Ocean.

View attachment 739863

View attachment 739864

You and me both, I got rid of my Omega for the same reason. The movement is insanely accurate and beautiful to look at, but the thickness kills it. I believe it's the way Omega does it's barrel design.

I was looking at a ND Sub too, that will be my next pickup. It's the original, and imo, the best Sub. Hell, even Rolex calls it the Submariner. The Sub with a date is called Submariner Date because the date was a modification to the original.

Next question is, 5 digit or 6 digit reference? I personally like the 5 digits because they look more classic. The maxi case, imo, ruins the lines a bit.

You and me both, I got rid of my Omega for the same reason. The movement is insanely accurate and beautiful to look at, but the thickness kills it. I believe it's the way Omega does it's barrel design.

I was looking at a ND Sub too, that will be my next pickup. It's the original, and imo, the best Sub. Hell, even Rolex calls it the Submariner. The Sub with a date is called Submariner Date because the date was a modification to the original.

Next question is, 5 digit or 6 digit reference? I personally like the 5 digits because they look more classic. The maxi case, imo, ruins the lines a bit.

I really really want a sub date or a Seadweller, but I think an AP Diver is next 🤷‍♂️
D399C861-1424-4DDF-9BD5-739740A06F56.jpeg

not mine

Wrist size is 6.75 inches - 5 digit Sub for me. It looks more sleek, the Maxi case has more presence and has the updated bezel and clasp but there is something about the 5 digit with thinner lugs. Can always upgrade the clasp to glidelock later.

Wrist size is 6.75 inches - 5 digit Sub for me. It looks more sleek, the Maxi case has more presence and has the updated bezel and clasp but there is something about the 5 digit with thinner lugs. Can always upgrade the clasp to glidelock later.

You can, but it's really not needed. If you're going for the 10460 or 10460M, which you are, they will have hollow center links. This allows for stretching/slack all on it's own, so I've found for the older references that adjustable clasps aren't needed. The micro holes work just fine even in hot climates.

Also, while the solid center links of the 6 digit prevent stretch, they are not any different in metal thickness than the 5 digit center links. If you don't maintain it and clean bracelet regularly, the same amount of metal is present at the bottom of the link and the pin holding the link together as the 5 digit. It'll wear thru just the same. The solid center links just stop the link from moving upwards, because there's no room. This helps dirt from getting inside and causing stretch (although regular cleaning prevents this).

Back