• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What made you like Oakley?

I first owned a pair of Minute in gold. They were comfortable but plastic. When the paint finish started wearing off to the dark plastic underneath, I looked for something... better. I found a Plasma/Ice Juliet X Metal at my local Sunglasses Hut in the mall. A freshman in college, it was a ton of money for me to splurge on a pair of sunglasses but ... flexible cast molded titanium wrapped around XYZ Optics, the elegance of engineered perfection and the idea that anything worth doing is worth overdoing. I was $OLD. I felt like I was buying the Ferrari Testarossa of sunglasses.

Little did I know ... I would love them so much that I would some day form a business around them just so I could ensure they would stay on my own face for life while also helping others keep them on their faces for life. <3

Last edited:
I hated sunglasses until I tried on a pair of .3p as a joke when they first came out. I dont know how but they fit perfectly. They are the only sunglasses Ive ever owned that didnt give me a headache. LOVE them!

my head is odd shaped and i use to work in a very rough environment. and due to some previous incidents my eyes are very light sensitive. if i am driving through a big city with lights all over and tons of traffic even at midnight i will have my sunglasses on because of the glare and my light sensitivity. so Oakley with the straight ear pieces and metal frames was the best fitting most durable sunglasses i could get. i tried everything from 2$ convenience store shades to 70$ safety glasses and always ended up spending more than what Oakley would cost me in a year. i did try a pair of plastic Oakleys one time and had them broken down in about the same amount of time as the safety glasses, so they are on my no go list. i work a different career now though so really i could get anything i wanted and not be a big deal, but i have spent so much time with these 'rules' it is just what i do.

currently my daily is my Why 8 though, and they are not what i would call durable.

Back