• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

heyyouguys.jpg

please vote!

What you're failing to understand is that for most of us the whole reason we wear Oakleys is because of the lenses. I know you’re helping keep old frames alive but really it’s gonna be an uphill battle around here. The majority of us would rather custom cut oakley lenses than use aftermarket. There are some knuckleheads that like those silly matte lenses but that’s just because of the gimmick.

Si's above quote abbreviated by me for space, but I agree with every word. As usual, he thought out his reply vs me knee-jerking and making things worse. It's ALL about the lenses, that's why we keep them alive and keep cutting and recycling and trading each other for what we need. This was one of the reasons I joined here and one of my first posts all those years ago about eye protection and fatigue.

You're not alone, Si. Keep the faith.
:vinsent:

Damn...all these aftermarket companies are probably like: "MOTHA FUKKING ***, we paid $5K in sponsorship money to get trolled!? Karen, your ass is on the line for thinking this was a good idea!"

give it a chance, i am still hoping that they release this matte lenses they’ve been talking about.

also i am very skeptic of this linegear nxt varia?? Lenses. They said close to glass lenses in clarity??
Nothing for r1s though unfortunately.

Back