• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Might be worth a re-fresh on how higher learning institutions are the forefront of technologies and research.

And I prefer a Dr. with legit knowledge, skill, & *education* vs “Gus” when I need surgery, or have cancer.
Sure Gus has a van with no windows and a scalpel.
Agreed that certain professions require higher education, but the fact is those careers are very limited. Doctors, scientists...maybe engineers, depending. I’m sure there’s a few others.
But, most can be learned in the field if the person has true passion for the work.

Agreed that certain professions require higher education, but the fact is those careers are very limited. Doctors, scientists...maybe engineers, depending. I’m sure there’s a few others.
But, most can be learned in the field if the person has true passion for the work.
Learning yes, as you mentioned above.

Breakthroughs, transformative technology -
not so clear.

Aren’t we are all using an evolution of “Aloha net” by Univ of Hawaii even now :)

Might be worth a re-fresh on how higher learning institutions are the forefront of technologies and research.

And I prefer a Dr. with legit knowledge, skill, & *education* vs “Gus” when I need surgery, or have cancer.
Sure Gus has a van with no windows and a scalpel.

Those professions make up a very small percentage of people who go through colleges and universities...and those serious professions require lengthy internships after and during the education process(and those few professions arent what I'm talking about)....

But even they dont need to be INSTITUTIONALIZED to learn. Doctors shouldnt be subject the the Lefts Agenda just to learn that the hip bone is connected leg bone.

All that background noise they create isnt necessary.

Those professions make up a very small percentage of people who go through colleges and universities...and those serious professions require lengthy internships after and during the education process(and those few professions arent what I'm talking about)....

But even they dont need to be INSTITUTIONALIZED to learn. Doctors shouldnt be subject the the Lefts Agenda just to learn that the hip bone is connected leg bone.

All that background noise they create isnt necessary.
Universities have become business ... businesses who artificially inflate the cost of getting a valueless piece of paper!

Can you imagine sending two kids to a 40K a year school?

250K for ‘education’ ?

No wonder people would rather enlist and be sent off ... a better chance of surviving deployment and having the govt pay for your school than paying it on your own...

My wife went to ‘Canada’s Harvard’ (insert joke here) and got the 4 year bachelors in teaching, and it cost her under 12K total!

Tuition is reasonable here, last time they tried to raise it the entire Province went on strike for over 6 months...

Tuition here is roughly 6 K a year now...

Universities have become business ... businesses who artificially inflate the cost of getting a valueless piece of paper!

Can you imagine sending two kids to a 40K a year school?

250K for ‘education’ ?

No wonder people would rather enlist and be sent off ... a better chance of surviving deployment and having the govt pay for your school than paying it on your own...

My wife went to ‘Canada’s Harvard’ (insert joke here) and got the 4 year bachelors in teaching, and it cost her under 12K total!

Tuition is reasonable here, last time they tried to raise it the entire Province went on strike for over 6 months...

Tuition here is roughly 6 K a year now...
A Province went on strike?

Back