• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X metals as investments

Yeah, right now the taste of a lot of Gen X, which Im included in, is Oakley X metals. Which is driving the demand up. The younger generation seems to love the lug plate look, or non Oakley glasses similar to lug plate. I see those everywhere.
What I see the teens and early 20 somethings wearing mostly are those awful Viper sunglasses. See them all the time.

I would lump these in with a lot of other collectible things. It's a bit hard to tell what will and won't become 'collectible'. I recently started going through some of my old video games, comics, and Pokemon cards that I have been collecting for ~30 years. I was happy to see that I have a few that are worth a decent chunk of change but the vast majority are worth less than I paid for them. And the ones that are worth something are the ones that are in Like New condition, complete with box and everything and are 20+ years old. I think in general, I don't usually buy collectible things just to collect them. If I want it anyway, I'll get it and then if I think it'll be collectible, I'll try to keep them in good condition (stupid me, I didn't think this way with my 1st Gen Ruby Juliets and tossed the box, got the lenses spider-web cracked, and only kept the coin). Then when I get tired or have WAY TOO MUCH of things, I check to see if they're worth anything. If yes, awesome! If no, well, I was gonna get it anyway so no worries. For real investments, personally, I would go with the index fund. But I am super risk adverse with my investments and only go for long term, low risk things. Haha. YMMV!

Well I have index funds too... but you gotta diversify! Plus like I said, I love tangible assets/investments.

Perfect example of this topic in the X metals exchange forums right now.
Madman X Raw with Fire Iridium Polarized. 150 pairs made. ~$1,700.

Back