• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Annual "O" Collectors Expo in Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally was 'turned off' once the original fee of $50.00 was jacked to $125.00. Charging people to auction off things (things that they never even paid a dime for) made me realize it wasn't for the collector as much as making the money, so fortunately for me I was unable to attend anyhow.

Man, I really hope this wasn't some kind of sneaky way to get a couple items or bucks...

...but the more I read....

Shakes my faith in the sanctity and trust of the forum just a little bit, I must say.

For about just so long I considered it and then had to decide not to go.

The only reason why I'm asking is if anyone on here thinks that I had anything to do with it, they need to say so and allow me to straighten the path they walk on. I created the thread at the request of the member, posted the pics he sent and updated info he provided. I fought to keep the price at $50 a person to get in but since I was not part of the "meetings" that all changed on me. More then glad to post the texts.

What gets me is we are beating a dead horse, either way members still went and bought stuff to fuel the metal and plastic addiction. Sure we all got screwed in a way along with o-review members. IMHO I think the money that was being invested was not going to be returned with a hefty profit. So that's why this happened, no matter what I heard, I have my view of how I saw it.

It's not the first time a member has screwed over others on here, but on such a grand scale it affected a large number at once.

The only reason why I'm asking is if anyone on here thinks that I had anything to do with it, they need to say so and allow me to straighten the path they walk on. I created the thread at the request of the member, posted the pics he sent and updated info he provided. I fought to keep the price at $50 a person to get in but since I was not part of the "meetings" that all changed on me. More then glad to post the texts.

What gets me is we are beating a dead horse, either way members still went and bought stuff to fuel the metal and plastic addiction. Sure we all got screwed in a way along with o-review members. IMHO I think the money that was being invested was not going to be returned with a hefty profit. So that's why this happened, no matter what I heard, I have my view of how I saw it.

It's not the first time a member has screwed over others on here, but on such a grand scale it affected a large number at once.
I definitely didn't say you.

A few pages back I asked Jeff a question directly that he still has yet to answer.

Honestly the 125 didnt bother me... freebies, open bar, food, donation to IH. I dont think the 125 was about the profit. The real reason it was cancelled, that may be another story.

Honestly the 125 didnt bother me... freebies, open bar, food, donation to IH. I dont think the 125 was about the profit. The real reason it was cancelled, that may be another story.
I'm just getting not so fuzzy feelings from the information flowing my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back