• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A better class of people

Medusa50

I own Oakley
East Coast
As I get older I have become increasingly fixated with things I cannot change. I have always been a social person. One thing that has always irritated me is when you attempt to connect with people and they dont reply. I dont need to be friends with the entire world. I dont care about most of them nor do I expect them to care about me.

Over the years I have joined various forums or closed groups with people who had the appearance of some common interest. Most have led to disappointing results. What I will never come to terms with are those individuals who upon receiving a message simply ignore you. You tag someone in a post and ask a question only to be ignored. You text someone you know and never see a reply. You email people at work and follow up with phone calls only to hear a plethora of excuses.

This forum has been the exception. Most are willing to simply converse with others they do not know nor will they ever meet. With few exceptions the people here are unselfish. Whether youre looking for information, sharing an experience, searching for items or offering assistance to others the community seems to stand for something I find appealing. Call it genuine if you will. Oakley enthusiasts not only have passion about a product. They demonstrate that same passion to being good overall communicators.

I have found for the most part Oakley forum to be a better class of people

As I get older I have become increasingly fixated with things I cannot change. I have always been a social person. One thing that has always irritated me is when you attempt to connect with people and they dont reply. I dont need to be friends with the entire world. I dont care about most of them nor do I expect them to care about me.

Over the years I have joined various forums or closed groups with people who had the appearance of some common interest. Most have led to disappointing results. What I will never come to terms with are those individuals who upon receiving a message simply ignore you. You tag someone in a post and ask a question only to be ignored. You text someone you know and never see a reply. You email people at work and follow up with phone calls only to hear a plethora of excuses.

This forum has been the exception. Most are willing to simply converse with others they do not know nor will they ever meet. With few exceptions the people here are unselfish. Whether youre looking for information, sharing an experience, searching for items or offering assistance to others the community seems to stand for something I find appealing. Call it genuine if you will. Oakley enthusiasts not only have passion about a product. They demonstrate that same passion to being good overall communicators.

Brother I don't know u but dam I like your words

In Peace Prepare For War

If someone ignores my message I just move on. I don’t feel entitled to a response from strangers. Not everyone is super friendly in this world.
Unfortunately that same behavior exists amongst people we all know much more than simply a stranger. It comes back to courtesy. I do expect a response from people. Especially coworkers. That is why I consider them to be parasites. I dont reach out to people for no apparent reason. Its inconsiderate and rude. If a stranger came up to me at the airport and said what time is it I dont just sit there and stare at them in silence. You either tell them or say you dont know.

Im sending you a virtual hug right now.

Latest Posts

Back