• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Formula 1 Fans?

You’re right, IMO. It’s good to have an unpredictable player that throws some randomness into the race, but at this point, you can almost guarantee a Crashstappen incident. I actually won a bet today betting that he would crash, lol.

What happens, I think, is Crashstappen plays chicken. He crosses the line of clean passing and attempts to pass in a way that would put both drivers in jeopardy. That is his strategy & he hopes the other driver will back off (as has happened before).
Yeah, and as long as he is allowed to get away with it, he'll carry on. When he weaved at Raikkonen to prevent a pass on the Monza straight in one of his early seasons, I think he should have been instantly black flagged and suspended for a race or two. He needs more than a rap on the knuckles now, or he'll never change his spots.

Watching the crash again a few times...

If you play it in slow motion, Verstappen moves to the right to stop Ricciardo's nosebomb. Okay, fair enough. It's a legal move and one cannot blame him for wanting to defend his position. Then, Ricciardo moves to the right. At this point, it's both of their faults. Even though Verstappen is technically still within F1 rules, as he is not breaking yet, thus can make as many moves as he likes...sometimes common sense is greater than a rule. One, Ricciardo has a better viewpoint than Verstappen and can see there's very little room to overtake. He gets a little greedy and still goes for it. Verstappen, on the other hand, shouldn't have attempted to block this time as once again, it is the strategy of playing chicken. In Ricciardo's mindset, he's going to gun it for the left gap. There's room, provided that Verstappen doesn't play chicken. His foot is on the accelerator, so when Verstappen moves to block him, there's simply not enough reaction time to avoid the accident.

Thus, I think it is both of their faults, with Verstappen being moreso to blame than Ricciardo. Ricciardo has made several clean passes before and could have made this one too.

I think Red Bull needs to bar competition between their cars - with the way Verstappen's mindset is and the way Ricciardo's mindset is, it's simply a Crashstappen waiting to happen.

Last edited:
upload_2018-4-29_9-36-49.png

I put 99% of the blame on Verstappen on that one and 1% on Red Bull themselves. Max was pushing a little too hard the whole race to keep Daniel behind him and they shouldn’t have allowed the undercut. ( Pit Verstappen first.)

I felt a little bad for Bottas but it was Vettel’s till that safety car came out. Then we have that dumbass Grosjean crashing under yellow for the 2nd time in less then a year:confused:

Back