• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Asking for a chain of references

Would be an excellent system for sure but I think the only way it would work is if it was set up from a members profile where you can click on a ”Vouch” link and bring up the chain as well as a transaction list by date including any pending transactions that are still being shipped. This way a buyer/seller can see right away if a member has 20 pending transactions where people are in limbo waiting to leave feedback or simply getting excuses. The list could show buyer/seller, transaction date, and just a yes or no in the vouch column from both parties. If members want to know more about a transaction that went south they could pm either party to get the info. This way it would still keep the transactions private for people if that’s what they want regarding what was sold as that seems to be a thing here for some strange reason.

I think if this was set up in a typical thread fashion it would simply get derailed and shut down due to asshats here that feel the need to put in their two cents every single time and almost take it as a badge of honour when they get someone’s thread nuked. Nothing more frustrating than reading through a long thread to get info only to come to 10 pages regarding useless banter or petty arguments from dickheads.

My thoughts lol.

I think after a recent history of people scamming I think a new policy is in order.

It’s nothing new to me in the watch forums but I feel the only way to mitigate issues arising is having a reference chain.

feedback is great but like any feedback section people tend to leave only good feedback due to the backlash of what might transpire if someone took an honest take of the transaction.

I feel if we said, seller A. If you don’t mind vouching for me for buyer B. As well as for the buyer. If both members have positive feedback, it’s less likely to have a negative transaction.

let’s say if the transaction went sideways, feedback could be added to the chain and made known for any future transaction between the buyer or seller.

I think this will also stop repeat scammers as if someone scammed a buyer or seller/ it would be known in the chain and can be tracked.

let me know your thoughts. Thanks
New policy... Well, the forum is hands off when it comes to transactions and stuff, so I don't think anything will come from that.

References are as weak as the weakest link... People can wear rose tinted glasses and can fail to smell the smoke.

feel free to return . Not sure why this needs to be discussed.

not all transactions are perfect. It’s to streamline the communication
Not mad. Just saying. What if 3 people vouched for u and u just look like ur just trying to get the sale. I know it isn't a perfect system. But if I threw a fit u were trying to scam me and then the 3 guys are on the hook. Just we need more transparency. Information needs to be in threads and not just pms. Anyways. Carry on.

Not mad. Just saying. What if 3 people vouched for u and u just look like ur just trying to get the sale. I know it isn't a perfect system. But if I threw a fit u were trying to scam me and then the 3 guys are on the hook. Just we need more transparency. Information needs to be in threads and not just pms. Anyways. Carry on.

I’m an open book and far from perfect. I have made plenty of mistakes but I’m also willing to pay for them. That’s how one person shows honesty. You can’t learn if you don’t make mistakes. The dishonest people will tell you to fu5k off. That’s the difference.

I’m sure you have made some as well. None of us are perfect

Your a watch guy so I’m sure you understand. Most people that spend 3,000-20,000 on a watch don’t want to pay 3 percent in fees. Wire is truly the way to go.
As am I. I've bought and sold high end watches and only used PayPal G&S. As a buyer I had protection and as a seller I wanted the buyer to feel like they were not being scammed. If I was buying a watch, or anything, and the seller wanted a wire I'd have ran, not walked, away.

There are watch sellers that do G&S to established buyers. I have yet to use FF for a watch.
I won't buy anything that's not G&S. I'll even cover the 3% fee in some cases. As a seller I don't want my PayPal account to be banned.
I have also passed on deals because they won’t take G&S...let me clear. I just won’t take the risk.
Me too, and if the seller is being honest there's no reason to not use G&S.

Latest Posts

Back