• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Detroit Michigan meetup - Organization thread

Timeline? When can you make an event

• November (excluding US Thanksgiving) - pretty dang quick!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • November (including US Thanksgiving)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • December (pre-Christmas)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • January

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I'm not sure, probably early-ish 2017 after things get less crazy

• Definitely not until a bit into 2017 (Late Jan, Feb, Mar)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Further out - wait for the weather to break and do it in the Spring

• Total voters
I voted for early '17, but can check on Dec 10....I was thinking fly myself out there but I need a BFR (Flight review) before I could do it and that's not in the cards this close to the holiday spending. (On myself. Oakley stuff :whistle:)

I would drive next year and burn a couple vacation days and hang out. A shoot would be cool too...how much trouble could I get in if I was stopped for speeding in a dealer car with a trunk full of ammunition and AR-15's anyway?

I once realized something along those lines... while I was on the Chicago ring road stuck in traffic. "Hmm, what in my trunk is legal in this state?"

Same thing with my recent trip. I was going to go north and hit DC and NYC to see more family. The toys I brought with me were not legal in MD, NJ, NY.

From PA? Ohio and Michigan are just fine, but have duty to report firearms in the vehicle and whether or not you're carrying. Also had to check that - MI, OH, NC are all duty to report, WV and VA are not, all have reciprosity with Michigan CPL. Good to go.

That's the one Saturday in December I can't, lol
We'll let this ride a few days. If we don't have that many yeses I think we'll go March and see what happens.

My place is always open, though. Stocked bar, have a Romeo y Julieta that needs to be enjoyed on the porch (I drove by the main JR Cigar store on my trip and grabbed a few things). Probably a glass of Lagavulin Distiller's.

We'll let this ride a few days. If we don't have that many yeses I think we'll go March and see what happens.

My place is always open, though. Stocked bar, have a Romeo y Julieta that needs to be enjoyed on the porch (I drove by the main JR Cigar store on my trip and grabbed a few things). Probably a glass of Lagavulin Distiller's.
I'll have to come up and visit you sometime soon regardless! It feels like it's been forever since I've seen you!

Latest Posts

Back