• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disappointing Purchase and Voucher

Seed65

Oakley Beginner
Hello-
I recently purchased some prescription Fives Squared from the Oakley website and used my HSA card. I deliberated hard on the selection and purchase, but finally pulled the trigger and provided Oakley with my new distance prescription. I received them today and the script was way off!! It seems that whoever copied my script over forgot the main number, so if it was -1.75, they filled the script to +.75. This occurred on both left and right lenses.

I called Oakley and they were more than happy to let me return the sunglasses (refund will take 10- 15 days after receiving them) and gave me a voucher for 30% off Oakley purchase. Ok! that sounds fair - 30% for my troubles!! I was excited, especially since I have no sunglasses and going on vacation soon and this would help make up for that. Well, I went onto the Oakley site to purchase the same Fives Squared and lenses, plugged in the code they provided me, and dang! It was not 30% off ! 30% off would be a reduction of approx $130, but all I got was approx $32 off. The voucher stated 30% off and did not state if was for frames only, or lenses only, so of course I am thinking it will be off total price. Nope!

Totally disappointing and I feel like I have been cheated a bit.

Any one else have a similar experience?

Thanks.

Back