• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Thanks for all the great information! I have one questions. It is still true that the sunglass hut cleaning solution is the same as the Oakley solution. I read somewhere that Oakley recently changed their formula. All I have locally is a sunglass hut so I want to be sure this won't damage my iridium polarized lens when I have the sunglass hut refill my bottle.

Thanks for all the great info, as an Oakley newbie I really appreciate it…!

They do sell the Cleaning Kit here in Germany as well -- but it's around 20 Euros (25 US$) and unfortunately there's no place that offers the free refills…! I'll probably get it anyway though…

- MILE

Oh, I forgot to ask one more thing: my optician has like an ultrasonic water bath that he uses to clean all kinds of glasses -- is that an option as well…? Or does that not even work on polarized lenses anyway…?!

- MILE

Due to the fact that the Oakley cleaning kit does not come with the bonus of free refills in Europe i am thinking of using an aftermarket kit.Does anyone have a suggestion?
i have seen this one.Has anyone tried it?it says alcohol free.

Thanks Batwolf for your reply,yeah and it is definetely cheaper it comes 18 euros with the transportation in the size of 220ml compare to the same price for Oakley for the 125ml bottle.

I know there are many people out there who might be confused when it comes to the proper way to clean your Oakley glasses. What is the best way, what makes my glasses last longer, or what is harmful to my glasses? I will answer all of these questions in detail. For some, you might know this information but for others this will be an informative look at cleaning your Oakley eyewear.

4a79fd8aab4a8.jpg

What about Unobtanium?
Oakley's patented rubber (Unobtanium) that is on many of the Sport/Active frame styles is made to become sticky as it becomes wet. Meaning when you sweat, they will grip better. Naturally be design, they are meant to absorb as much as possible so eventually it will break down. However, there are preventative measures you can take to make the pieces on your glasses last longer. I like to apply a small amount of Purel onto a paper towel and liberally rub up and down on the rubber piece. It will remove any contaminants from the earsocks/nose pieces and also clean them. The best part is that it dissipates in a few seconds and leave your pieces thoroughly clean. You can also use the soap and water method shown in the video below.

batwolf...your instructions and video info is fantastic.
I just question the purell on the rubber as alcohol breaks down rubber and purell is full of alcohol. I know its easy enough to replace the rubber as the kits are only $13 so wonder if just mild soap and water is as good for those that use them often?

Latest Posts

Back