• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying I am looking for a pair of the X metals that Pippen had on in Episode 10 (Pennys or Romeo?)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Thanks for all the info everyone. Sorry, new to some of the acronyms. Is everyone referencing R1 as "Romeo 1 Titanium/Gold"? Any thoughts as to where a good place to start to find a pair. I browse ebay weekly to see what is out there. Again thanks for all the feedback and help.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Thanks for all the info everyone. Sorry, new to some of the acronyms. Is everyone referencing R1 as "Romeo 1 Titanium/Gold"? Any thoughts as to where a good place to start to find a pair. I browse ebay weekly to see what is out there. Again thanks for all the feedback and help.

R1 is just shorthand for Romeo 1, because there was a Romeo 2 that is not at all like the original. Ti/Gold Iridium is the specific colorway that Pip wore at the '98 championship celebration as I pointed out in the other thread prior (Oakleys In The Wild - Celebs, TV, Sports, Etc ). And even more specifically its first gen Titanium as @pjd1234, @Oakley OCD, and @Joe Stephenson pointed out in this thread.

Good luck in your search. Finding an example like mine without corrosion of the finish is a chore as it was notorious for getting black spots on the finish. And finding OEM Gold Iridium that don't have stress cracks or scratches is almost harder. Donor Gold Iridium for custom cuts are getting rather difficult to source too.

R1 Ti with Gold (3).JPG

Username Hidden said:

best shot and practical is to buy a beater pair, send to zach and do a bone finish and have a custom cut vr28 lenses. Finding a mint in box is a bit difficult, but if you have the cash to invest you can probably get one, it’s not hard to find.

And it begins.

Username Hidden said:
And it begins.

Yep... It'd be interesting to see a chart with increase in new members after the series aired.

Username Hidden said:
Yep... It'd be interesting to see a chart with increase in new members after the series aired.
Also to see how many actually buy once the price is found out, then notice the lenses starting to crack. :eek:

Username Hidden said:
Also to see how many actually buy once the price is found out, then notice the lenses starting to crack. :eek:
Cracks can be prevented, i never had a problem with cracking the lens. Snug tight it and put it on like a hat, problem solved.

Username Hidden said:

Or pay way too much on ebay for one that's in perfect shape, and start ripping it off and on like its a $10 gas station pair and crack it themselves.

Username Hidden said:

I've already seen a few articles about all the sunglasses worn by Jordan and Rodman in the series. It will be interesting to see. I wonder if some fool will buy that $2600 Mars that's been on ebay for the past 3 years lol

Username Hidden said:
Cracks can be prevented, i never had a problem with cracking the lens. Snug tight it and put it on like a hat, problem solved.

But do you think the type of people we are discussing, who are interested because of the documentary, will go far enough to learn these things that we all know?

Latest Posts

Back