• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

“I have good news, and bad news...”

frogger17

I should Work at Oakley
Orange County, CA
I got home to two packages waiting for me!

The first was a pair of Oakleys that was advertised as brand new on eBay. The listing used just the stock Oakley picture, but I took the chance. The second was two pairs of NOS lenses. I asked the seller if he would charge me just one shipping cost if I bought the two pairs and he agreed.

What’s the bad news?
  • The first package was a fake. Typical with the fake hang tag, lens sticker, and “O” etching on the top outside corner of the left lens. To top it off, the fake was of the wrong model. Filed a return immediately.
  • Neither set of lenses was NOS, but custom cut. Maybe not even from OEM lenses. To top this one off, both sets had scratches. Immediately filed two more returns.
So, what’s the score? Two packages, three crap transactions, three eBay returns filed, and one irritated frog. 😒

What am I gonna do? I think I’ll have a drink, and patiently wait a few weeks for eBay to do their thing and credit me everything back, including shipping and taxes.

I got home to two packages waiting for me!

The first was a pair of Oakleys that was advertised as brand new on eBay. The listing used just the stock Oakley picture, but I took the chance. The second was two pairs of NOS lenses. I asked the seller if he would charge me just one shipping cost if I bought the two pairs and he agreed.

What’s the bad news?
  • The first package was a fake. Typical with the fake hang tag, lens sticker, and “O” etching on the top outside corner of the left lens. To top it off, the fake was of the wrong model. Filed a return immediately.
  • Neither set of lenses was NOS, but custom cut. Maybe not even from OEM lenses. To top this one off, both sets had scratches. Immediately filed two more returns.
So, what’s the score? Two packages, three crap transactions, three eBay returns filed, and one irritated frog. 😒

What am I gonna do? I think I’ll have a drink, and patiently wait a few weeks for eBay to do their thing and credit me everything back, including shipping and taxes.

Damn, that really blows. Either PayPal or eBay. I’d say go with PayPal if you went through them with the credit card, since they collect the taxes.

Latest Posts

Back