• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IDing Small Oakley Collection

You're right, sorry, I didn't mean to mix those two terms up as there are important differences!

Thanks again to everyone that answered! I really appreciate the time you all have taken to help out a new guy.

Here are the Holbrook photos. I didn't have a pair to compare these 5 to, so I wasn't 100% on them.

View attachment 484805

View attachment 484806

View attachment 484807

View attachment 484808

View attachment 484809

View attachment 484811

View attachment 484810
I’m not familiar with the Holbrook, but the fact that each pair has the same SKU seems odd haha. The O looks off too. I would say they’re definitely replicas, good ones though

You're right, sorry, I didn't mean to mix those two terms up as there are important differences!

Thanks again to everyone that answered! I really appreciate the time you all have taken to help out a new guy.

Here are the Holbrook photos. I didn't have a pair to compare these 5 to, so I wasn't 100% on them.

View attachment 484805

View attachment 484806

View attachment 484807

View attachment 484808

View attachment 484809

View attachment 484811

View attachment 484810

Bad news.
They all have the same SKU (1st red flag).
The sku oo9102-05 is for Matte White with Violet lenses (2nd red flag).
Those are fakes.

I’m not familiar with the Holbrook, but the fact that each pair has the same SKU seems odd haha. The O looks off too. I would say they’re definitely replicas, good ones though

Bad news.
They all have the same SKU (1st red flag).
The sku oo9102-05 is for Matte White with Violet lenses (2nd red flag).
Those are fakes.

Agreed that it makes no sense for a retailer to do that! I wasn't sure what the deal was with Oakley's custom jobs...I thought there was a chance that they used a number for orders. Writing that sentence makes me feel incredibly gullible.

Well, no harm done and I learned something new! Thanks!

Agreed that it makes no sense for a retailer to do that! I wasn't sure what the deal was with Oakley's custom jobs...I thought there was a chance that they used a number for orders. Writing that sentence makes me feel incredibly gullible.

Well, no harm done and I learned something new! Thanks!
We are always happy to help. Hope you stick around! There are definitely some member that would be interested in those legitimate pairs

We are always happy to help. Hope you stick around! There are definitely some member that would be interested in those legitimate pairs

Thanks! It's funny how reading about others' hobby can be infectious. I tend to collect '70s-'80s sunglasses, I happen to love Carrera. Some of these fakes had me reading further into Oakley and now there are a couple of older pairs I'd love to get.

Oh, and so no one thinks otherwise: I won't be selling the fakes, so don't worry, they won't show up on eBay!

Oh, and the pair of Twenty looked suspicious to a few of you, so here are further pictures. Given my success rate this round, I'm going to assume that they're fake as well!

fullsizeoutput_6a60.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6a62.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6a6b.jpeg

Actually, if you go to o-review.com, and do a search under the model number in the top right hand side, you will find lists of all known variants of a model.

You can use this site for identification in the future. It’s very helpful.

Actually, if you go to o-review.com, and do a search under the model number in the top right hand side, you will find lists of all known variants of a model.

You can use this site for identification in the future. It’s very helpful.

Thank you for that link, that’s incredibly helpful! I tried to track something like that down but had failed. Appreciate it!

I have a few more pairs, but I believe I’ve been able to ID them. One of the pairs the blue hibiscus minute. Not sure how in-demand they are, but kind of neat.

This is one I’d love to have everyone take a look at as it’s (likely) copies often. I did double-check the nose pads to be sure, but you all at ether experts:

B816B731-8C7B-4524-B911-E45C08E5D138.jpeg

1F05F6DE-902E-4E88-AFB5-1EB94F7CE445.jpeg

FFEBA6FB-0D21-42FC-9FDF-C36083C717E1.jpeg

Back