• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Music Thread - Cover Songs

Do you like when a band covers another bands song

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Depends on the song/band that covers

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters
Don't laugh at me.

I liked Korn's take on Cameo's Word Up

Other covers I like:
  • Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell's Ain't' No Mountain High Enough, covered by Diana Ross (the version I liked first), and Michael McDonald as well
  • I Want To Know What Love Is by Journey... I liked Mariah Carey's cover.
  • Staying Alive by the Bee Gees... I enjoyed Ozzy Osbourne's cover
  • Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer... I like Tina Turner and I liked her take on it
  • Drive by The Cars... Ziggy Marley's take is more perky.
  • If You Asked Me To: I heard and liked Celine Dion's take initially, not knowing that Patti LaBelle sang it first. I prefer Patti.
  • If You don't Know Me By Now by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes: I fell for the Seal and the Simply Red covers because of constant airplay on the soft rock stations growing up. Then I heard the original... I prefer the original.
  • Missing You by John Waite... No surprise, I love Tina Turner's cover on this too.
  • Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson, later covered by Alien Ant Farm.
  • Tainted Love made famous by Soft Cell... I just discovered that they covered this song. I like Marilyn Manson's take also.
  • Walk This Way by Aerosmith... covered by Run DMC
I've only heard the last 3 and enjoyed them too. I have some listening to do

Don't laugh at me.

I liked Korn's take on Cameo's Word Up

Other covers I like:
  • Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell's Ain't' No Mountain High Enough, covered by Diana Ross (the version I liked first), and Michael McDonald as well
  • I Want To Know What Love Is by Journey... I liked Mariah Carey's cover.
  • Staying Alive by the Bee Gees... I enjoyed Ozzy Osbourne's cover
  • Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer... I like Tina Turner and I liked her take on it
  • Drive by The Cars... Ziggy Marley's take is more perky.
  • If You Asked Me To: I heard and liked Celine Dion's take initially, not knowing that Patti LaBelle sang it first. I prefer Patti.
  • If You don't Know Me By Now by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes: I fell for the Seal and the Simply Red covers because of constant airplay on the soft rock stations growing up. Then I heard the original... I prefer the original.
  • Missing You by John Waite... No surprise, I love Tina Turner's cover on this too.
  • Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson, later covered by Alien Ant Farm.
  • Tainted Love made famous by Soft Cell... I just discovered that they covered this song. I like Marilyn Manson's take also.
  • Walk This Way by Aerosmith... covered by Run DMC

Smooth criminal is a good one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad Wolves recently covered the Cranberries “Zombie” which I like a lot

The singer from the Cranberries was supposed to add backing vocals to that cover but she died before that happened. Bad Wolves then decided to release the song with all proceeds from its sales going to her children.

Sent from nowhere special

The singer from the Cranberries was supposed to add backing vocals to that cover but she died before that happened. Bad Wolves then decided to release the song with all proceeds from its sales going to her children.

Sent from nowhere special

Good on them!!! So sad

One of the only things I post on Facebook is great bands doing great covers. I thinks it's pretty awesome when a band can show what has influenced them or they want to show what they love enough to try it themselves. Some of my favorites below:
  • Jolene by Dolly Parton - Cover by Black Stripes
  • I'm on Fire by Bruce Springsteen - Cover by Mumford and Sons
  • The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel - Cover by Mumford and Sons
  • Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel - Cover by Disturbed
  • Just Breathe by Pearl Jam - Cover by Willie Nelson and Sons
  • All Along the Watchtower by Bob Dylan - Cover by The Dave Mathews Band
Both Versions of all that I listed are Awesome and most have been covered by many other artists but these are my favorite versions.
Also pretty much every song on the Metallica, Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch, and Johnny Cash cover albums released.

Latest Posts

Back