• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I love em, but it's really hard to drive without side vision (peripheral) with the side blinders on. Not recommended

I feel like the blinders are kind of gimmicky for the most part. But could be useful if u find yourself in a situation where u might actually need them. High winds or dust... trail riding that sort of thing.

i guess maybe a snow storm lol.

I feel like the blinders are kind of gimmicky for the most part. But could be useful if u find yourself in a situation where u might actually need them. High winds or dust... trail riding that sort of thing.

i guess maybe a snow storm lol.
They are very effective when riding motorcycle. i tried latch and juliet but im getting rough wind hitting my eyes. Clifden really worth it if you use them on certain applications

I haven’t seen a place for Clifden fans to discuss so I figured I’d blaze a trail for us Clifden guys.

Currently my collection consists:

First pair bought the Snow Torch. Prizm Snow Torch is a red lens and when looking out of it you see rose tint. My opinion is once you put them on the rose is noticeable but after a little bit it transitions where it’s almost like you don’t think you have a lens your eyes adjust pretty good. Snow Torch is meant for activity in Snow and Overcast. The frames are Matte Black with Red logo and the clips at the end of the ear piece for the wire cable to attach they are Red. Microfiber bag is standard issued Black. Also comes with standard Black zip vault case.

Second pair bought was the Deep Water. These lens are Prizm Deep Water Polarized the hue to them when looking at the them you see a Sapphire hue, looking out of the lens it’s rose tone just not as pronounced as the Snow Torch. Logo is silver. The frames are my favorite they are Matte Translucent Blue they look dark in shade but light hits them and it’s like Blue Ink they are very nice. The Prizm Deep Water lens is meant for activity where the water is Deep. The clips at the end of the earpiece for the cable to attach is Matte Translucent Blue as well same color as frame. Microfiber bag is standard issued Black. Also comes with Standard Black zip vault case.

Third pair bought is Snow Black. Prizm Snow Black Iridium lens are mirrored and they are dark, looking out of them is Gray hue. The Logo is silver. Frames are Black. The clips at the end of the ear pieces for the cable to attach is Gray. The Snow Black is meant for activity in the Snow as well. Microfiber bag is standard issued Black. Also comes with Standard Black zip vault case.

Fourth pair just purchased July 5th is the Special Edition July 4th Edition. The lens are Prizm Sapphire the are very nice. Prizm Sapphire is meant for any normal activityRight eye lens has USA etched. The Logo is the American Flag. Frames are Matte Black. The ear pieces for the cable to attach is Matte Black same as frames. Microfiber bag is American Flag instead of the Standard Black. Also comes with Standard Black zip vault case.

Every pair has the attached side binders and Nose bridge piece these can detach easily. Right now I’m using all three pairs with no side binders and no Nose bridge piece. Makes airflow easier while it’s hot.

Every pair comes with a cable that attaches to the clips that open and close at the end of the ear piece. I tried these while on vacation in Las Vegas, NV. I found that me personally I did like it but I’m so use to having my sunglasses on top of my head like a cap, when not on my face. So me personally I won’t be using the cable much at all. I only used the cable because I was in Vegas and thought, hmmm... I’ll try this be harder for someone to snatch them being around my neck secured.

Even though I don’t do the activities meant best for these I have to say they are really good glasses I enjoy them a lot and I’ve gotten lots of compliments for the looks. Also people seeing me in a style different from BatWolf which is what everyone seen me in all the time for well 10 years is a big change for sure.

I’ll post pics of my collection when I get my 4th of July editon. Everyone post pics let’s discuss these glasses. Yes I know they aren’t for everyone and lots of Oakley fans haven’t warmed up to them. Eventually maybe some will only time will tell so let’s discuss the good things that may help someone try a pair.

Last edited:
Back