• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hi there!
So my father in law asked me to sell his pair of Oakleys. I’m apparently more naive than I thought and didn’t even think about fake Oakley so I didn’t take the best pictures. So I sold them on Poshmark and week or so later buyer commented “I took the glasses to my eye doctor to have prescription lenses put in and when they contacted Oakley they stated they were counterfeit and will not put lenses in, can I return?”

FIL is pissed and said no. I bought these from either the BX or Oakley SI.
He is picky about brand so I have no reason not to believe him.
First question would an eye doctor even try to change these lenses? Every doctor I have had won’t do that anymore especially if you didn’t buy from that doctor originally because they want you to buy from them.
If Oakley does do this would they on a pair from possibly 2009-2010?
All I know if they are whiskers. Here’s the pictures I have. Obviously I didn’t know to take pictures of inside the glasses but also read number can be rubbed off these skinny wires. Any input would be much appreciated.

90593EE9-901D-4048-94AE-8AF1E1CCED67.jpeg

1B5F6FA5-91C6-44BF-B4CA-9412D4EC87CB.jpeg

A59F8CF4-517D-42B5-B145-1106921C179E.jpeg

B8EF74CF-73EA-4AAC-A15B-D8B72FCAC11A.jpeg

31234C51-3351-4891-BB2F-4903E9532614.jpeg

CEB76E37-0BC2-4143-8CEB-B41E9A76A1A7.jpeg

Hi there!
So my father in law asked me to sell his pair of Oakleys. I’m apparently more naive than I thought and didn’t even think about fake Oakley so I didn’t take the best pictures. So I sold them on Poshmark and week or so later buyer commented “I took the glasses to my eye doctor to have prescription lenses put in and when they contacted Oakley they stated they were counterfeit and will not put lenses in, can I return?”

First question would an eye doctor even try to change these lenses? Every doctor I have had won’t do that anymore especially if you didn’t buy from that doctor originally because they want you to buy from them.
All I know if they are whiskers. Here’s the pictures I have. Obviously I didn’t know to take pictures of the insides but also read numbers get rubbed off on these smaller wires. Any input would be much appreciated.

View attachment 900396

View attachment 900397

View attachment 900398

View attachment 900399

View attachment 900400

View attachment 900401

Hi there!

All I know if they are whiskers. Here’s the pictures I have. Obviously I didn’t know to take pictures of the insides but also read numbers get rubbed off on these smaller wires. Any input would be much appreciated.

View attachment 900396

View attachment 900397

View attachment 900398

View attachment 900399

View attachment 900400

View attachment 900401
I’m not a wire guy myself but they look legit to me. Looked up the sku on o-review and it matches
66AC6526-1F6D-4B3E-8F57-C308FD3A1038.png

Hi there!

View attachment 900396

View attachment 900397

View attachment 900398

View attachment 900399

View attachment 900400

View attachment 900401
Those aren't 2 different pair? Top pic looks different than the other 3.

Back