• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

USPS sucks

USPS: “That should do it. Good as new!”

IMG_6071.jpeg

First Class mail now says Ground Advantage on the shipping label and it's being associated with the cheapest shipping, Ground or Ground Parcel. Not sure when that started. First Class used to say First Class on the shipping label. Now I'm getting complaints about the way I ship. And it's all because of these stupid label changes. USPS just thinking of new ways to suck even further.

First Class mail now says Ground Advantage on the shipping label and it's being associated with the cheapest shipping, Ground or Ground Parcel. Not sure when that started. First Class used to say First Class on the shipping label. Now I'm getting complaints about the way I ship. And it's all because of these stupid label changes. USPS just thinking of new ways to suck even further.
Just tell the people you ship to that you are a very grounded person, and you want everything in life, including the way you ship packages, to reflect that lifestyle.
☺️ 🤗

-
And if they can't accept your life philosophy and calm demeanor .......... then tell them to go **** themselves!!

😄

I believe the name change ( or new class) has to do with delivery standards. The PO isn't always able to meet the delivery standards that First Class requires, so they created a new class (or changed the name) as a work around. Haven't done research, just my understanding. Perhaps this is just for parcels, whereas letters are still First Class.

1 out maybe 50 I’ve had a problem with where it would do circles around the country and get there 2 weeks late. But UPS are thieves, FedEx even worse thieves. NONE of them will honor insurance you better be prepared to go to court. Bought a 2,500 dollar watch or got stuck in some hick town like Lafayette Indiana and never moved felt really bad for the seller because FedEx told him to go pound sand up his arse hole when he tried to file an insurance claim, they gave him 50 dollars as a refund of shipping cost and that was it. Someone clearly swiped it there just like they’re known to do with firearms

My gripe is not about the type of service. First Class has served me well when I could keep boxes under 16 ounces. It’s equal to priority in terms of how fast my mail gets to its destination. But at half the cost of Priority. My gripe is that the new labels has the word ‘Ground’ on it. And it’s being mistaken for the cheapest for of shipping, which is Parcel Select Ground. Those labels has the word ‘ground’ on them.. I honestly never used Parcel Select Ground because mail takes too long to get to its destination. And it could vary between one and two weeks. I don’t like incoming mail taking too long to get to me. So I wouldn’t do that to others.

Actually IMO you get more for your $ now with ground advantage. The shipping is the same speed as first class was, they just rolled a few services together into one type called ground advantage. You get $100 insurance included with ground advantage that you didn’t get for first class for the same price.

They made the announcement in early July. If they had added a F or another letter destination in the label so one would know what service was actually purchased would solve a lot of headaches.

Actually IMO you get more for your $ now with ground advantage. The shipping is the same speed as first class was, they just rolled a few services together into one type called ground advantage. You get $100 insurance included with ground advantage that you didn’t get for first class for the same price.
Only now hearing about the insurance increase. That and another member mentioned that things over 16 ounces or more can still be sent First Class. That’s killer news and an upgrade. Amazing considering how tight everyone seems to be nowadays.

Only now hearing about the insurance increase. That and another member mentioned that things over 16 ounces or more can still be sent First Class. That’s killer news and an upgrade. Amazing considering how tight everyone seems to be nowadays.

Oh it’s not an insurance increase. First class came with zero insurance before but now $100 is included with ground advantage. Plus shipping transit times remained the same.

Back