• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vaping

I do not know anything about vaping or the chemistry involved. But the media is not hyping this as my daughter has a friend in the hospital because of vaping. I know hundreds of tobacco smokers and none are in the hospital (though probably slowly dying) from it. I stopped smoking in 1982. The Navy requires you to smoke...LOL especially down in the fire room.
Don't get me start on pain meds. Too many people that want to blame the drug companies instead of being responsible for themselves. ****** it up for the people who like a little oxy and a whisky from time to time.
(JK...or not)
The kids are buying bathtub cartridges because they are not legal to buy store bought. I have smoked Marlboros when I was younger (quit), Weed, all my life (still at it), carts for a spell, and now crumble concentrate. Out of all of them the carts and concentrate for sure get me catching my breath faster than the natural alternatives. Carts became wasteful because I would use one every two to 3 weeks so I went to crumble and I smoke it only at night before bed to help calm my ever going mind enough to sleep. If I smoked it all day everyday I would probably be gasping and winded all the time. The illegal stuff is showing up in kids going to the hospital because they are basically smoking the butane used to burn it off and there is no lab testing on the batches like state controlled products. That stuff scares the piss out of me!

I just saw this thread pop up again. I recall seeing it years back and never chimed in. I vape myself. I have for about 5 years now. I used to smoke about a pack per day of cigarettes. I was happy to kick that. Really though. I just replaced one addiction with another. Personally I feel fine. I will work on giving it up but there always seems to be some sort of excuse in my life not to. I don't vape with the juul type pods. I use a mod system. Basically something like this.. I have mods that are smaller but the 2 of these I have I keep with me all the time. Like my phone in my pocket. It's a habit I wished I'd never started but its better than what I used to do. Including my extensive drug habits of the past. Which I've been clean of now completely for 8 years 2 months and 3 days. But who's counting. Lol. I feel like I need something bad to do as I don't drink anymore either
16564997653866055872284980860448.jpg
16564998715106099880631965049047.jpg

I smoked a couple packs of cigs a day for nearly 20 years, had my first daughter and started vaping to quit smoking. I used mods like @SouLFuLFroG . Vaped for maybe 2 years, slowly reduced the nicotine and then one day it was just annoying to have all that **** with me so I gave it away. Now I just have a couple cigars on the weekends or something and that's it.

I just saw this thread pop up again. I recall seeing it years back and never chimed in. I vape myself. I have for about 5 years now. I used to smoke about a pack per day of cigarettes. I was happy to kick that. Really though. I just replaced one addiction with another. Personally I feel fine. I will work on giving it up but there always seems to be some sort of excuse in my life not to. I don't vape with the juul type pods. I use a mod system. Basically something like this.. I have mods that are smaller but the 2 of these I have I keep with me all the time. Like my phone in my pocket. It's a habit I wished I'd never started but its better than what I used to do. Including my extensive drug habits of the past. Which I've been clean of now completely for 8 years 2 months and 3 days. But who's counting. Lol. I feel like I need something bad to do as I don't drink anymore either View attachment 973557View attachment 973559
Congratulations on an amazing feat of sobriety!

Latest Posts

Back