• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

“Sold” vs leaving the price on an item rant

This thread makes me feel like snorting a bunch of coke

75412212_704622936613605_3897663841659518976_n.jpg

I would prefer that sellers leave the price in the ad. Helps me get a value as a seller or a buyer.

If I had an X-Metal R1 I wanted to sell, and all I had were open sale ads to look at, all I would know is that if I say 700 it will stay there forever. Sold listings with prices would show me that if I put a price around 500, it would move.

You know the way to solve the problem..... every single sale ad, reply saying that “x” is a good price. That will stay there for future reference.

Sellers are forced to list prices as a rule. It gives a starting point, its a good rule....but more times then not a seller accepts an offer and the price listed is irrelevant and even arguably misleading.

I would prefer that sellers leave the price in the ad. Helps me get a value as a seller or a buyer.

If I had an X-Metal R1 I wanted to sell, and all I had were open sale ads to look at, all I would know is that if I say 700 it will stay there forever. Sold listings with prices would show me that if I put a price around 500, it would move.

You know the way to solve the problem..... every single sale ad, reply saying that “x” is a good price. That will stay there for future reference.

it would move at 500 for the mere fact that we are conditioned to seeing $700 price point on a beater R1. Anytime a price dips into the $500 it flys like crack, and makes people believe they are getting a good deal.

it would move at 500 for the mere fact that we are conditioned to seeing $700 price point on a beater R1. Anytime a price dips into the $500 it flys like crack, and makes people believe they are getting a good deal.
Even with leaving price points it is still on the buyer to do due diligence, i am just suggesting there be more information to help create a more clear picture on what a reasonable price is for both partys.

Back